Cork sun down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cork sun down

I took this last autumn when the sun was low....its one of my favourite images from last year...EOS100D 50mmf1.8

_MG_4792.jpg by brianvickers, on Flickr
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Re: Cork sun down

I still love it....despite 45 views and not so much as an emoji!
    I guess everyone is stuck for words
    Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

I've looked at this a few times Brian. It's a bit to OOF for my taste, the dark silhouette's angle points towards the dark right corner where the bright lines lead towards the center of the image creating tension in the image and that tension is not working for me compositionally either.

Tom

Comment

Sorry Brian this isn’t doing it for me!
        Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
          I still love it....despite 45 views and not so much as an emoji!...

Which is as it should be, after all it's your picture.

Personally I can't find anything about it that engages me and overall it feels like a bit of a rescue job that hasn't come off though I acknowledge that I may well be, probably am, wrong. Sorry...
          Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

There's a lot to dislike in this as technically it's all over the place. However, artistically it really hits the spot for me so I've just ticked the Fave star on Flickr which is not something I often do. Yes, love it

Cheers,
            John

Comment

Thanks John....I think everyone has their criteria by which they comment....if everything had been in focus and the sun had been behind with every part properly exposed it might still be good....but I'm trying to get past that and see the image for what it is.....so thanks for your comments regrading 'artistically'......that's what I want my images to be.
              Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

You're most welcome Brian. I've just taken another look and still like it a lot. Consider adding it to a few Flickr mono or artistic groups to expand on the feedback you get - I know Flickr comments are often not as meaningful as those we receive here (when we receive them) but the faves ratio can still be useful guide.

I resisted getting sucked into the 'this forum isn't as good as it was' threads but... when I joined the criticism I gained here was both positive and negative but all constructive and enabled me to learn a lot. Sadly, it's not possible to improve without knowing of what you are doing right or wrong and for that we need to receive the opinions of others.

Cheers,
                John

Comment

Working...
                X