MPB advertEOS magazine advert
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do I need the Sigma USB Dock for the 150-600mm C lens?

Default Re: Do I need the Sigma USB Dock for the 150-600mm C lens?

yes is the answer as you can then set your own parameters to the lens ,I used to use C1 for close up work and C2 for distance ,the lens will focus faster once you have done the changes ,one word of warning DO NOT change any micro adjust settings in the lens as it could mess it up good style .
    just do focus speed, focus limiter and stabiliser in each one . first off download the app from sigma global ,then connect lens and pc/Mac via the hub . let it search for any firmware updates . then commence to customise your settings as you think fit ..

PLEASE NOTE each and every setting you change MUST be written to the lens firmware at each stage ,otherwise it won't apply and once finished go back through the settings to ensure they have all written to the lens

Thanks. I have now got the dock, but haven’t plucked up the courage to do anything with it yet. The box had been ripped open and contents inspected. The would be thief must have been very disappointed. I’m pretty sure everything is there. Just need to be in the right frame of mind.
    Janet

Canon 80D, 77D, 200D, Plus a load of lenses, especially macro.
    http://www.leighcameraclub.co.uk/

have you downloaded the app yet . the tuning process takes around 15 minutes first time . and is really easy to do if you dont like it you can always dis-engage c1/c2 anyway on the lens . . any problems p.m your phone number and I'll talk you through on the phone .I speak cockenes'e so you'll be able to understand me

I haven’t downloaded the app yet. I read somewhere that it is 1GB, so thought I would move some things to an external hard drive first.
    I noticed that WEX has a video on the item’s page, so thought of watching that closely. Thanks, if I get stuck I will contact you.
    I have been stressing out more recently on the website I maintain. Serif have abandoned it in preference for Afinity, and Windows Edge has abandoned Java Active X that I use for the Albums! They still show in all other web browsers, but not Edge!
    Janet

Member*

Err, not sure where you read that its a little over 29MB.
    Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
    My Flickr Images

Oh, thanks for that. Might pluck up courage tomorrow now!
    Janet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12