Change of camera kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change of camera kit

I have been using a canon camera, (70D) for sometime now along with L series lenses but after having some major surgery on my neck & finding I simply cannot continue with such heavy kit I am having to change to a Compact system camera.
    After much thought & research I have finally decided to change my whole set up. I’ve not done this lightly but my physical problems have forced me.

I felt that the canon mirror less system is behind capabilies of other makes, so canon if you can catch up I may well come back. I have just replaced to another make of camera & already find it easier you carry about.

Thanks to everyone who has commented about images I have taken in the past.

Sue

Re: Change of camera kit

Well Sue we are sorry to lose you but quite understand that your body dictates what you can and cannot do. I have enjoyed seeing your work and since we girls are in the minority on here I'm extra sorry to say goodbye.

As long as you are enjoying your photography that's the main thing - well the only thing really.

Would you care to say what system you've converted to?
    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Sorry to see you go Sue. But your health and well being is more important than what camera manufacturers kit you use. Good luck with both your recuperation and getting to grips with your new camera equipment.
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

All the best Sue
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

I am sure you will enjoy the photographs just a much! All the best Sue
          Andrew

Comment

It's about the photography and not the kit. If the change of kit allows you to carry on then that's all that matters.
            Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Thanks for all your kind words and I’m looking forward to taking images again. As far as kit is concerned I have gone with Fuji XT2 after much thought Research, it is so much lighter & easier for me to carry

Sue

Comment

Your not alone sue ,as I have recently moved to micro four thirds I.e panasonic and Olympus . Due to weight issues I don’t have any regrets at this moment in time but as with everything a return to canon is always possible if suitable kit appears

Comment

I think Canon are on track and have some good offerings already....I'm not sure how the Canon CSC system compares with Fuji for size.....they do look at bit bigger to me but not checked that properly
                  Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by Redgrape View Post
                    Thanks for all your kind words and I’m looking forward to taking images again. As far as kit is concerned I have gone with Fuji XT2 after much thought Research, it is so much lighter & easier for me to carry
                    Good choice. I use an X Pro-2 cos I prefer the rangefinder format but the Fuji setup is very good if you like stuff other than wildlife and sport. My main walkabout lens is the 35mm f2 but I also us a 12mm Samyang a lot - manual focus on a mirror less camera with focus peaking is a piece of cake - and a 50-230mm for zoos and stuff. The XP2 and 35mm go pretty much everywhere with me as their relatively small, though very solidly made so not light.
                    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Working...
                    X