Conon EF 300mm f2.8 L IS Lens Advice Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conon EF 300mm f2.8 L IS Lens Advice Please

I am considering purchasing a secondhand lens has anybody had an experience of this lens. I mainly want it for wildlife and sports photography. Has anyone used a converter with this lens.

Many thanks
    Phil

Re: Conon EF 300mm f2.8 L IS Lens Advice Please

I got one, its very heavy' not the sort you want to carry around for hours on end, OK on a tripod etc. or from say a hide.
    I used to use. 1.4 converter with it the odd time although now I never use it, prefer the Sigma 150-600 Sport
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

I had one.

One of the best and fastest focussing lenses Canon ever made. Use with a 1.4x III and you can't tell the difference in quality. Perfect for most sports, probably need to 1.4x most of the time with wildlife.

Much will depend on price and condition, but good luck with your purchase.
      Colin

Comment

Still got mine , agree with everything Trev and Colin say about it , cracking lens but a bit of a weight assuming you are talking about the Mk1 version ? the mk 2 is much lighter and a fantastic piece of kit.
        Steve ( LSINWP )
        1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Thanks gents for the advice, The lens should be coming tomorrow. Its a seconhand mkI from MPB.
          Many thanks
          Phil

Comment

Very pleased with the lens, just a couple of images from Cadwell Park the other day, the blue motor bike is with a x2 converter attached.
            5D3_2115-Edit-Edit.jpg

5D3_1953-Edit.jpg
            Last edited by Warrenden; 16-07-2018, 07:05.

Comment

Very good , its a great lens albeit a little on the heavy side
              Steve ( LSINWP )
              1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Two nice shots. as Steve said its a great lens, but the weight is the issue
                Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Working...
                X