Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Facebook stopping 3rd party app posting (Lightroom CC/Classic...)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook stopping 3rd party app posting (Lightroom CC/Classic...)

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I have just started to get messages in Lightroom Classic about not being able to use it to post photos directly to Facebook anymore from 1 August 2018:

Not sure if anyone else uses the facility or not but thought I would pass on the info in case anyone hasn't seen it.

Unsure how long this will be for, or if its permanent, but will have to resort to other means now.
    Andy
    Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
    EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
    [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Re: Facebook stopping 3rd party app posting (Lightroom CC/Classic...)

It’s a while since I uploaded an image from LR to Facebook. Next time I warm the valves up on my PC I’ll give it a go and let you know Andy. But I use a third party app rather than the LR one, not sure what the developer is doing (if anything to overcome this FB change)

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

ST-EOS - I use the jF plugin - but even his website says it might stop working soon as it is changes that Facebook are making and not giving out the details to 3rd party apps.

I use it to update my personal page with holiday snaps :D and also my "Photography by" page that I set up in case I went down the selling prints route at all.
      Andy
      Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
      EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
      [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Andy that’s the same plugin that I use, I’ve not had time to check it yet, thanks for the update on your findings

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
        Peter

Feel free to browse my
        Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Don't use Facebook or LR but I would have thought that blocking 3rd party apps, especially ones used for posting image content, is rather counterproductive - if users can't easily post their images to their page, which is surely part of Facebook's raison d'etre, then I'd think there's a good chance they'll wander of to somewhere more user oriented like Instagram...
          Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
          X