MPB advertEOS magazine advert

Thread: What are the facts about flickr?

Member*

Question What are the facts about flickr?

I've been away again due to being unwell. Sorry. During this time I've become completely bemused about whether or not flickr is still free or not.

One friend of mine says that he still uses his free flickr account to upload his pictures. There are some others who say they have had to go over to Smug mugs and pay a monthly fee.

I've not been able to get a proper answer from the flickr website as to whether it is still free to use or not. Is there anyone out there who can give a definitive solution please?
    Canon 750D, Canon 18-135 f3.5-5.6 IS STM lens, Raynox 250 macro/close-up conversion lens. Canon 70-300mm f4-5.6, IS, II, USM lens.

Member*

Default Re: What are the facts about flickr?

Flickr still has both a free and a paid for 'Pro' service as was always the case but what they have done is to limit the number of groups an image may be in. For the free version it is 30 while the Pro may be up to 60. However, some groups think this is a bad move and have excluded themselves from these limits. Images already exceeding those limits are unchanged.

Cheers,
    John

Member*

Muchly thankings ColytonJohn.

Jan.
    Canon 750D, Canon 18-135 f3.5-5.6 IS STM lens, Raynox 250 macro/close-up conversion lens. Canon 70-300mm f4-5.6, IS, II, USM lens.

To be fair those limits were brought in under yahoo ownership and nothing to do with the new owners ,not yet seen any changes carry on regardless