What are the facts about flickr?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the facts about flickr?

I've been away again due to being unwell. Sorry. During this time I've become completely bemused about whether or not flickr is still free or not.

One friend of mine says that he still uses his free flickr account to upload his pictures. There are some others who say they have had to go over to Smug mugs and pay a monthly fee.

I've not been able to get a proper answer from the flickr website as to whether it is still free to use or not. Is there anyone out there who can give a definitive solution please?
    Canon 700D, Canon 18-55 3.5-5.6mm, IS STM lens, Canon 70-300mm 4-5.6 IS STM lens, Raynox 250 macro/close-up conversion lens.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/168448632@N02/

Re: What are the facts about flickr?

Flickr still has both a free and a paid for 'Pro' service as was always the case but what they have done is to limit the number of groups an image may be in. For the free version it is 30 while the Pro may be up to 60. However, some groups think this is a bad move and have excluded themselves from these limits. Images already exceeding those limits are unchanged.

Cheers,
    John

Comment

Muchly thankings ColytonJohn.

Jan.
      Canon 700D, Canon 18-55 3.5-5.6mm, IS STM lens, Canon 70-300mm 4-5.6 IS STM lens, Raynox 250 macro/close-up conversion lens.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/168448632@N02/

Comment

To be fair those limits were brought in under yahoo ownership and nothing to do with the new owners ,not yet seen any changes carry on regardless

Comment

when I use flickr and put the code into upload it just says invalid file what am i doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by mountains013 View Post
            when I use flickr and put the code into upload it just says invalid file what am i doing wrong?
            The way I do it is to click the "Share photo" button (bottom RHS under the image - a little bendy arrow) and when the small window opens, click the BBCode tab (top RHS) and copy the code that Flickr generates.

Then just paste this code into your post - voila!

No need for Upload buttons - easy-peasy lemon squeezy!
            John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

thanks very much

Comment

Hope you are feeling better Jan, re Flickr, it is free up to a certain number of shots , then you have to go “pro”. Cannot remember just how many it is, but they tell you when you are getting close.

Comment

I've got the free version and it's a maximum of 1000 shots before you need to go "pro".

Comment

Working...
                  X