Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Just one from today at East Midlands Aeropark - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just one from today at East Midlands Aeropark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just one from today at East Midlands Aeropark

I spent a few hours at East Midlands Aeropark today,as you'll see it's very close to EMA runway.

Please check the EXIF on Flickr for this,I was experimenting using -1/3 EVF and and AI Servo AF,all on Av setting so the camera set the shutter speed,I also had auto ISO set.

I'm quite pleased with the processed result,but all C+C will be welcomed as a reference for future occasions please.

IMG_0451 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr

Re: Just one from today at East Midlands Aeropark

if your shooting ANYTHING up in the sky you will find that the greater expanse of sky tends to override your camera meter leading to a darker and possibly noise subject ,the norm is to dial in between 2/3rds of a stop up to 2 full stops of POSITIVE exposure compensation i.e expose to the right and recover any possible lost detail in post processing

Comment

I agree with the above though it doesn't seem to have been to the detriment here regarding noise as seen at this size...looks just like a dull day whereas perhaps it was much brighter and positive compensation would have fixed that....
      f5.6, ISO100 and 1/1600sec suggests to me the reality was much brighter that it appears in the photo.
      My approach would be to take a test shot and then meter manually.....as its so bright maybe f5.6, 1/800 ISO200....that's two stops brighter than you used.
      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thanks chaps,that's very helpful.
        I actually went -EV which seemed to work,sort of.But now I realise that this one could be brighter.It was actually a bright sunny day,although for a short while it was overcast.

It seems that AI Servo AF worked ok though?

A bonus on the day,for me,was having my scanner on and hearing one of the BBMF pilots coming through a few times.
        Last edited by Guest; 16-07-2018, 21:26.

Comment

The metering mode makes a difference too...evaluative or centre weighted average for instance....some models are intelligent and can assess your scene and compare it with a library of programmed in image types and set auto exposure accordingly....clever stuff!
          Good shots on flickr!
          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thanks Brian,much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X