Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random young lady

4M6A3785 (2).jpg

never really done street photography before until i came across this young lady sat having a rest . so thought i`ll grab the moment .

5d mk 4
    ef 24-105 L mk2
    Last edited by russg; 16-07-2018, 08:07.

Re: Random young lady

On the whole I'd say you've done a nice job with one small exception. That blank patch of what I presume to be wall intrudes badly and draws the eye from the subject. At the very least it need darkening down a lot but better still, I think, you'll find with a careful bit of cropping you can lose it and get a stronger picture.

Good first post though.
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

cheers sid for the comment . always thought s,p was all about grabbing the moment rather than setting up for the perfect shot and so on . took on board what you said though .

Comment

I do like street photography...this is a nice shot.
        Street is spontaneous but also all of the characteristics that make a strong shot still come into play....I guess you need to compute very quickly or set up your composition carefully and await for an appropriate moment.....but most street images you see don't seem to incorporate that level of thinking.
        Now Nigel has pointed out the wall I'd consider re-cropping to remove it.
        I hope you post more street on here....and that you don't mind the comments...please don't be put off at all...its all intended to be helpful
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

hi brian . no i didnt take the comments the wrong way and like i said iv taken the comments on board . i didnt intend to go out taking pics like that it was just one of those moments where you think oo that would make a nice random shot . so again thanks for your tips .

Comment

Welcome russg!

I like this shot a lot as the subject has character and the image been well processed to mono. I also think cropping would help but it's a good piece of street photography that may be even better if uploaded via Flickr (direct paste adversely affects quality).

Cheers,
            John

Comment

Originally posted by russg View Post
              cheers sid for the comment . always thought s,p was all about grabbing the moment rather than setting up for the perfect shot and so on . took on board what you said though .
              Street photography seems to be whatever you want it to be, there are always endless debates on photography forums on what it is and none ever seem to come to a conclusion...

What I do suspect is that SP, perhaps more than any other form, forces the practitioner to develop an instinctive eye for composition on the fly and it's only through practice and rigorous analysis of what works and what doesn't that this can develop. I think you'll often find that those who practice the 'in-shoot-out' form of SP have not only developed an instinct for composition but they also acquire an eye for developing opportunities - plus they are ruthless in weeding out the dross post-shoot...
              Last edited by El Sid; 17-07-2018, 14:37.
              Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

I like it very much, mono suits it really well I think

Paul

Comment

I love the image and particularly the mono treatment. The offending object could be cropped out easily, without ruining image. Not sure that I would bother.
                  On the odd occasions that I do any street photography I tend to over shoot so I can crop later. I don't edit or clone out but I do use cropping to improve the balance of an image. Keeps it real but aids the composition. Maybe I will be criticized for this approach.
                  Last edited by SpringfieldPhoto; 01-08-2018, 05:01.
                  Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Well exposed and processed image. Like how you were able to capture her as if she is looking for something or someone to come.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                    X