Photographer of the year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photographer of the year.

Did any of you pick the winner in the Sky Arts competition?

Re: Photographer of the year.

I've still got a couple of episodes to watch yet so will have to ignore this thread!
    Chris
    80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Sorry Chris.

Comment

I would say that no apology is needed but as I'm ignoring this thread I can't!
        Chris
        80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Only once it got to the final. I have to say I thought the quality of the candidates this year was way down on the previous two years.

And I think you mean “Sky Arts Master of Photography”, the competition that no one knows how to enter...
          EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

I agree Andy, thought the final 3 were predictable & also the winner, but even as I am a novice compared to them I wasn’t over impressed.

Comment

The "Panel of Three" were not that impressed either as in a couple of rounds. towards the end, they stated that they were not impressed with the way the tasks were handled.
              The "guest photographers" appeared to build up the contestants when they were talking 1-2-1 with them and when the images were presented their "support" seemed to vanish.
              They were not easy subjects for a couple of the tasks.
              David

Comment

The last couple of challenges were definitely very poor, way below the mediocre standard of the series as a whole IMHO.

The independent coaches I find quite interesting. Often the contestants would ignore them but as Dave says, when they took their advice they still got panned. The best one in my view was Salgado who I’ve been admirer of for some time. He gave excellent advice, came across as a really nice guy and then stuck to what he’d said when the three judges criticised the contestants work. He shut them up quite nicely I thought.

What I find a shame is that the range of photography is limited to what you can do with a Leica. While as a general rule a challenge is a challenge, using Leica kit excludes sport and wildlife pretty much so they’re really “Master of photography, that you can do with Leica gear”...
                EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Working...
                X