Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When a Landscape Photographer visits Bempton Cliffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When a Landscape Photographer visits Bempton Cliffs!

I had a trip out yesterday with a photography friend who used to shoot Canon but now uses a FujiXT2 thingamebob.

Whilst I did manage a few bird images during this visit to Bempton Cliffs, I was a bit disappointed, as the birds were very low down, rather than at eye level as they had been on my previous visit. Apparently that had something to do with the direction and strength of the wind?

So here we have a trio of non bird images from yesterday, as always your comments, thoughts are welcomed.

#1 Not a bird in sight.

#2 Multitudes of birds in sight.

#3 Just sailing along

Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Re: When a Landscape Photographer visits Bempton Cliffs!

#1 does little for me, sorry!
    #2 is a lovely shot of the seabird-covered cliffs but the OOF grass in the foreground is a little distracting.
    #3 I love the simplicity of this, wouldn't look out of place on the wall, and is my pick of the three
    Chris
    80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

I like the first one, the second is okay and not sure about the third. Each to their own tastes.

Chris

Comment

The first and the third, especially the third, are the ones that grabbed my attention The second is nice enough in its own way but ...

Cheers,
        John

Comment

Three nice shots Peter, I do agree to some extent with the comments above regarding the first and second, The OOF grass in the second don't see what you could have done about that, other than crop the picture or pulled it in a bit when you took it to loose the grass. In both cases you would have lost the impact of the picture.
          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

2 and 3 are my pick. Love the lone figure in 3, the OOF grass on the 2nd doesn’t bother me. What lens did you use for shot 2 and what was the aperture setting?

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
              2 and 3 are my pick. Love the lone figure in 3, the OOF grass on the 2nd doesn’t bother me. What lens did you use for shot 2 and what was the aperture setting?

Tom
              Thanks Tom, with regard to the settings you enquired about. The attached screen grab gives you all of the information, apart from the fact that I was straddling a gate to a restricted area (scientific research) to attain some height to get this composition showing the sea arch. Oh and to include the gull flying through it . But it was impossible for me to exclude the foreground grass due to the entry restrictions to the area concerned.

EOS-Forum.jpg
              Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

Thanks everyone for your responses and suggestions
                Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

Pics 2 and 3 for me, though I would have cropped some grass off the bottom of 2 and tried to get the boat away from the centre in 3

Paul

Comment

Working...
                  X