X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeovil Railway Centre

An old image of some old wagons at the Yeovil Railway Centre:

IMG_2188-Edit-2 by John Leah, on Flickr

Shot on a G10 almost exactly eight years ago.

Cheers,
    John

Re: Yeovil Railway Centre

Did nobody have any comments on this?

Comment

1st I saw it. Like the BW, work, but I think the HDR look is just a bit to harsh for my taste.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom I really appreciate the comment it's just disappointing it needed 152 views on here before anyone said anything

I know exactly what you mean. It's not HDR but it is an old image from a lowish resolution camera that didn't work in colour but I thought would in mono although Silver Efex can be a bit harsh with some of its processing. I tried toning it down a bit but then felt I was losing the depth I was after.

Still, no matter as I have some constructive criticism which is why I, at least, post on this forum. I can gain an idea from my views-to-faves ratio on Flickr how well or not an image is received but I rely on comments left on this forum for an understanding of what works and what doesn't and its from this feedback we learn as I have immeasurably in the few short years since buying my first DSLR and joining here. However, the way things are going I may need to take up photographing birds... or find a new forum. Anyone know where Tigger went?

Cheers,
        John

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
          Thanks Tom I really appreciate the comment it's just disappointing it needed 152 views on here before anyone said anything

I know exactly what you mean. It's not HDR but it is an old image from a lowish resolution camera that didn't work in colour but I thought would in mono although Silver Efex can be a bit harsh with some of its processing. I tried toning it down a bit but then felt I was losing the depth I was after.

Still, no matter as I have some constructive criticism which is why I, at least, post on this forum. I can gain an idea from my views-to-faves ratio on Flickr how well or not an image is received but I rely on comments left on this forum for an understanding of what works and what doesn't and its from this feedback we learn as I have immeasurably in the few short years since buying my first DSLR and joining here. However, the way things are going I may need to take up photographing birds... or find a new forum. Anyone know where Tigger went?

Cheers,
          John
          Tigger is posting mostly on FB in the SKYLUM Group.

Comment

I like it, the only bit that looks out of place is the glow around the twigs at the top.
            Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Mmmm, first I've seen of this too.......

Afraid I agree with Tony, but a great subject and framing.......
              Regards
              Lez

5Ds // 5D Mark III //
              7D Mark II // 16-35 f4L // 24-70 f2.8L II //
              24-105 f4L II // 70-200 f4 L // 70-200 f2.8 Lis II // 50 f1.2L // 85 f1.8 //100 f2.8Lis // 200 f2.8L // 300 f4Lis // 1.4ex // .......... and a longer wish list

Comment

I'm no expert and don't use much processing so find it difficult to comment on something I have little knowledge of, I'm also of an age where we only had b&w and I loved it when colour film became available, no interest in going back to b&w not even for a nostalgic visit.
                Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Working...
                X