Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigma 600mm Sport issue?.

Hi All
    Just recently been having an issue with the 600mm sports lens. Its about 1.5yrs old. I have two bodies 1DXMKII and a 7DMKII. Took the 1DX to FIA at the weekend and had several Error 01 messages 'Error communicating with the lens, clean contacts' etc. I tried that still getting the message. I need to try the same lens on the 7D to confirm its the lens not the body. Has anyone else had any issues with this lens. It is not constant thank god but it is annoying.

Re: Sigma 600mm Sport issue?.

Intermittent faults are always the most annoying...

Are all the contacts in the body moving freely? They are sprung loaded and a sticky one might not always return to it's proper height.

Does the lens feel secure when mounted? Any evidence of play between the lens and the body? Is the lens mount securely screwed to the lens or is there any hint of looseness at the rear of the lens? There have been issues in the past with 3rd party lenses where the lens mount unit has parted company with the lens, a bit of looseness here may mean the electrical connections aren't always properly connected.
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Have you checked for a firmware upgrade at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Andy
      Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
      EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
      [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

I started having focus issues with mine as it approached the 3 year end of warranty period ,I sen5 it back to sigma to be checked and they then had to send it back to Japan for “ resolution” issues . It was a four week turnaround ,but when it came back I’m 100% certain it was a branD new lens with my serial number engraved on it . I still wasn’t happy with the I.q from it though t
        I have since sold it along with all my canon gear .
        Phone sigma and send it back unless it’s a grey import

Comment

Working...
        X