Advice please for a cycle race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advice please for a cycle race

That's a pity, we've got a tropical storm forecast for down here. I do however think that Andy's and Black Fox's comments are a bit over the top. May I suggest you purchase a wet suit to wear and a fully submersible military type holdall for your gear - no need for a wheelbarrow or umbrella, that just adds weight to the gear you have to carry.
    With the weather conditions that this country is experiencing of late - flash flooding etc. It might be advisable to get a pair of Flippers to go along with the wet suit. Should the rain turn 'nasty' and flooding do occur, you will be in the very nice position of being able to swim out with your gear floating beside you.
    Personally I don't let rain bother me- life goes on regardless, a drop of rain can add a new dimension to a shot- reflection off the wet road, wet facial expressions, and with a snorkel tube you would be in a nice position to get some underwater shots.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by The Nighthawk View Post
      Fox;Your advice may come in handy for the same event in August 2019.
      yes indeed glad to be of help take especial heed of the settings as they will give a lovely motion blur to your shots ,secrets of what can be done if you know what your doing ,the i.s of that lens will overcome any camera shake problems

Comment

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
        That's a pity, we've got a tropical storm forecast for down here. I do however think that Andy's and Black Fox's comments are a bit over the top. May I suggest you purchase a wet suit to wear and a fully submersible military type holdall for your gear - no need for a wheelbarrow or umbrella, that just adds weight to the gear you have to carry.
        With the weather conditions that this country is experiencing of late - flash flooding etc. It might be advisable to get a pair of Flippers to go along with the wet suit. Should the rain turn 'nasty' and flooding do occur, you will be in the very nice position of being able to swim out with your gear floating beside you.
        Personally I don't let rain bother me- life goes on regardless, a drop of rain can add a new dimension to a shot- reflection off the wet road, wet facial expressions, and with a snorkel tube you would be in a nice position to get some underwater shots.
        If I ever take up scuba diving I'm sure your"advice"will come in handy!

Comment

I think the dull conditions and speed of the subject movement would be pretty tricky with the limitations of f4.5 on your zoom.
          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thanks Brian,if I go to next year's event I'll consider hiring a suitable lens for it.

Comment

Working...
            X