Slateford Creek Falls (Lowerfalls)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slateford Creek Falls (Lowerfalls)

Today's hike resulted in having to send the 6DMII out for repair after surviving a 6 foot fall while attached to me. The Camera was still functional after the fall, however the LCD Panel displays things upside down. According to Canon there is not fix and needs to be sent in for repair.

The good news was that I was at the bottom of the ravine so after checking the camera 1st, then seeing if I had any broken bones, I decided to head towards the falls while I was there, as I don't think I'll be back for a 2nd try.

Anyway here are the images from todays hike:

IMG_8799.jpg by tesarver, on Flickr

IMG_8807.jpg by tesarver, on Flickr

IMG_8811.jpg by tesarver, on Flickr

Comments Welcomed

Tom

Re: Slateford Creek Falls (Lowerfalls)

Flipping heck Tom, steady on, you shouldn't be throwing yourself about like that at your age, leave that to us younguns!!

Nice set though for your pains, I like the first one best and it pains me to be picky but my eyes keep moving to those three bits of orange on the left, are they dead leaves?

Paul

Comment

Nice set Tom, good to hear you're OK after your tumble hope the camera is better soon too.

Bill.
      7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

2nd one for me, hope you are not feeling to battered & bruised, shame about the camera, but the camera damage is better than you getting injured. Hope you are not to long without it. Not very often with you that Falls cause falls.
        Dave

Comment

Lovely images...are you sure that LCD is displaying upside down or did you hit your head?
          Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Lovely set Tom ---- Steady as you go!!!
            Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Lovely images Tom. Glad you are ok, proberly a good job you were only visiting the lower falls!
              Andrew

Comment

Phew. Lucky you had the camera to take the brunt of the impact! You got some lovely shots though. First one for me
                Chris
                80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

I hope you’ve recovered from your tumble Tom. I suspect that a camera would be easier to get back to full health and usability than your body had the camera not broken your fall. Take care out there.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
                  Peter

Feel free to browse my
                  Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Great images, guess you're one of those 'an image at any cost' types!
                    Seriously glad you're OK & hope the camera gets sorted soon.
                    Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Nice set and I really like the first as the water has a nice meander to it with just the right amount of freeze Also slightly troubled by the intrusion of those orange leaves... leaves in a forest, whatever next!

Cheers,
                      John

Comment

Thanks Paul, Bill, David, Brian, Trev, Andrew, Chris, Peter, Bob & John for stopping by and commenting. The good news is that I got the 6DMKII back from Canon and they replaced the LCD Panel, so it is good to go. Took only 7 days from sending it out to getting it back.

Comment

Hope you are now as fully repaired as the camera Tom...

Another nice set though I agree with Paul about the three orange things on the rocks - might be better to zap them with the clone tool...
                          Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
                          X