Canon full frame mirrorless camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Canon full frame mirrorless camera

I'm afraid this is the start of a new direction for the big boys Canon/Nikon and the end of the DSLR.
    It may take 2/3 years but i don't think we'll see too many more DSLR from these 2 manufacturers.
    Olympus/ Fuji/ Sony/ Panasonic the list goes on and Canon & Nikon will need to catch up fast and put all there resources into the new technology or become the next Pentax.

Paul
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Originally posted by paul linton View Post
      I'm afraid this is the start of a new direction for the big boys Canon/Nikon and the end of the DSLR.
      It may take 2/3 years but i don't think we'll see too many more DSLR from these 2 manufacturers.
      Olympus/ Fuji/ Sony/ Panasonic the list goes on and Canon & Nikon will need to catch up fast and put all there resources into the new technology or become the next Pentax.

Paul
      If Canon can make money selling DSLRs, they'll sell DSLRs. They read the market very differently to the other guys. That's why they're No 1.
      Please don't ask about my kit, it's embarrassing!

Comment

Fuji, Sony, Panasonic didn’t have a dSLR market share to move away from...Olympus has already committed to small four thirds sensors. It’s different for canon and Nikon as they have that market and can satisfy both....though they are behind the curve in mirrorless maybe. There are few pros using smaller models despite manufacturers claims. I think pros are likely to want light weight but larger more ergonomic cameras.
        Those of us using computers for work need a full size keyboard and screen- smaller options are not healthy due to poor ergonomics...the same can be said for small cameras
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
          Fuji, Sony, Panasonic didn’t have a dSLR market share to move away from...Olympus has already committed to small four thirds sensors. It’s different for canon and Nikon as they have that market and can satisfy both....though they are behind the curve in mirrorless maybe. There are few pros using smaller models despite manufacturers claims. I think pros are likely to want light weight but larger more ergonomic cameras.
          Those of us using computers for work need a full size keyboard and screen- smaller options are not healthy due to poor ergonomics...the same can be said for small cameras
          Interesting point. A few weeks back I went to the Panasonic event at Bodiam Castle and was somewhat surprised as how large recent G cameras, particularly the G9, were compared to my old G3. Possibly they have been getting feedback regarding the handling of tiny cameras - I know that my G3 drives me nuts at times when setting get changed because there's not enough camera to get hold of without accidentally touching a settings button...
          Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
            I know a number of pros using Fuji, and Olympus (only one using Panasonic, and he's one of their Brand Ambassadors), but they all have full frame Nikons or Canons as well.
            My EOS M system is primarily my travel system, but I do use it on the odd paid job (and it comes on all of them) where the size is appropriate - particularly as a second body.
            Please don't ask about my kit, it's embarrassing!

Comment

I dont really want to get involved to far as this is a eos forum , but those that know of my change over earlier this year and follow my posts will know that after a fairly long learning curve I'm firmly hooked on MFT both olympus and Panasonic and ALSO the way they SEEM to work far better with legacy lenses

Comment

It doesn't excite me as a camera (I suspect the A7sIII will be much more interesting) but there's a lot of really clever stuff buried in the R. For example it can apparently do DLO in real time, which is amazing and will make for much better JPEGs.
                キヤノンが満を持して投入するフルサイズミラーレス「EOS R」。発表会では語られなかった開発秘話を、開発のキーマンに直撃取材しました。手ぶれ補正機構をボディ内に搭載する可能性もあるそうです…!

Plus I'd like to see just how low the blackout time is.

Oh and the 50/1.2 is just so good.

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                  I dont really want to get involved to far as this is a eos forum
                  Probably should have stopped at that then.

John

Comment

Using an "old" Sony 6000 as a walking camera I was very unimpressed by the Canon effort. With a smaller body, the 6000, allows access to most controls used, something we are told there wasn't enough space with the Canon one. This is a first full frame effort, but not a first mirrorless camera one from Canon. I fear there older mirrerless haven't been very good, why I use a 6000 as a small camera and when my 7D2 or 5Ds need replacing might well lead to changing to Sony using lens adapters.

Comment

Now the EOS R is almost upon us, it will be interesting to see some real world reviews from ordinary users. I was interested to read David Noton's thoughts about it; even as a Canon ambassador he wasn't that thrilled but did acknowledge mirrorless is the future. Interestingly he was very impressed with the optical quality of the new RF 24-105 which he felt was way above the EF24-105L.

I'm accepting that mirrorless will eventually replace dslrs but I'm not sure about the EOS R yet. As a first effort from Canon it's very promising but I don't think will tempt me from my 6D MKII - not an awful lot smaller, no built in GPS (important to me) and price too high.

Interesting that as was pointed out earlier, small size doesn't seem to be uppermost in Canon's (and Nikon) designs for mirrorless FF bodies. I was tempted by the Fuji XT series especially the new XT-3 but just don't see the point of going back to APSC from FF. One of the reasons I'm getting rid of my 80D possibly for another 6dMKII (like to use two bodies) as I just hate the noise from the 80D.

Now if the EOS R body was say £500 cheaper than it's release price of £2349 I might be much more interested...
                      Last edited by LesC2009; 09-10-2018, 11:27.
                      Les

Les Cornwell Photography

EOS R, EOS 6D MKII, EOS 100D, EOS50e, RF24-104 F4L, EF17-40 F4L, EF24-70 F2.8L II, EF70-200 F4L IS, EF100-400 F5.6L MKII, EF100 F2.8L IS, EF-S 18-135 STM, EF-S 18-55, GP-E2, 270EX, 430EX II, Kase & Lee filters.

Comment

try h.dew les £1800 I think

Comment

Working...
                        X