Error Posting to the Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Posting to the Forum

Is anyone else experiencing errors when trying to attach an image to a new thread. I have tried three times this afternoon to do so.

Each time I see this :-

EOS_Forum-Issue.jpg

I have messaged the forum by use of the Contact Us link
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Re: Error Posting to the Forum

I've posted a short while ago no problems, only one I made myself
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

I've just had that error a few times when trying to post with links to Flickr / photos from flickr - I have noticed that a few times now the url from flickr includes an @ sign - which may then make the forum think it includes email address etc and you "might" be spamming.

That's the only thought I could see why mine was failing so I removed the url links and changed the post slightly and it worked.
      Andy
      Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
      EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
      [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Originally posted by Bhuna View Post
        I've just had that error a few times when trying to post with links to Flickr / photos from flickr - I have noticed that a few times now the url from flickr includes an @ sign - which may then make the forum think it includes email address etc and you "might" be spamming.

That's the only thought I could see why mine was failing so I removed the url links and changed the post slightly and it worked.
        Thanks Andy, I’ll have a look at the Flickr URL’s I was trying to use. Initially I thought the problem was down to my export settings that included contact details rather than just copyright in the saved Exif.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
        Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

Strange as I just had a message saying you quoted me in a second post - but nothing new is showing up. Perhaps there are some weird things happening on the forum at the moment - because unusually I haven't seen any new posts all morning today...
          Andy
          Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
          EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II

Comment

Strange as I just had a message saying you quoted me in a second post - but nothing new is showing up. Perhaps there are some weird things happening on the forum at the moment - because unusually I haven't seen any new posts all morning today...
            That was probably a response I wrote and I included the Flickr URL (no @ in it) However that gave the same error Andy

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
            Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
              Is anyone else experiencing errors when trying to attach an image to a new thread. I have tried three times this afternoon to do so.

Each time I see this :-

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16446[/ATTACH]

I have messaged the forum by use of the Contact Us link
              I am having the exact some problem, still cannot upload from flickr
              Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

Comment

Remove the URL parts and only post the parts with [img]……..[/img] - then manually add a link to the url for the album / picture - that's what I had to do in the end - although a single picture worked ok...strange...
                Andy
                Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

Remove the URL parts and only post the parts with [img]……..[/img] - then manually add a link to the url for the album / picture - that's what I had to do in the end - although a single picture worked ok...strange...
                  Thanks for the work around info.
                  But who's problem is it ? the forum or flickr
                  Gary Cantwell LSINWP. ASINWP.

Comment

Just experienced this and not amused. I overcame it by deleting everything after "[/url]" so everything following that comencing "[url=https://flic.kr..." containing the "@" sign and it was accepted.

Edit: notice that "@" sign was accepted

Cheers,
                    John

Comment

Hmm blows my theory out then. Hopefully a mods seen this and is investigating and will let us know.

Seems to be increasing though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Andy
                      Canon 700D, Canon 1100D

Comment

Thanks everyone for reporting the problems you're experiencing. Rest assured, we're keeping a watching brief and will work to resolve the issues over the coming days.

On Monday evening we made some changes to the registration process, to reduce the number of spammers that attempt to gain access to the forum. It was becoming an overwhelming battle to keep on top of the spammers, and we'd rather be writing magazine articles and shooting pics than fighting the bots.

It would seem that either this plug-in, or the fact that we have re-enabled plug-ins globally on the forum, is causing the posting issue, so we're investigating what we can do to rectify it.

We'd be grateful if you could continue to report any issues you're experiencing – specifically since Monday – on this thread and we'll update you as soon as we can.

Claire

Comment

Tried to post images from Flickr today and got this message

*** Forbidden. Contains contacts. Message seems to be spam. ***

Tom

Comment

Still experiencing the same problem tonight trying to load from Flickr , same message as Tom above
                            Steve ( LSINWP )
                            1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

Ive just tried to start a new thread in the Landscape section of the forum and once again I got the "Forbidden" message as shown in #1 above!
                              Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

Working...
                              X