Bristol Balloon Fiesta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bristol Balloon Fiesta

SWMBO and I pottered along to the Thursday evening event at Ashton Court. The wind was too strong and gusty for flying, but some brave souls tethered their balloons.

I was delighted to see Rupert Bear, who has apparently been languishing in a barn in Devon for the last 15 years. Although he was quite a handful in the breeze, he did more or less get upright, though with a fair few staggers and collapses along the way.

, on Flickr

I took quite a few shots of the night glow, but I was not happy with any of them. At the end, there were the usual fireworks. Our spot for viewing the arena was not the best for the fireworks, which were obstructed by some large trees. I first thought this was a problem, but on consideration, I think the trees add another dimension to the normal firework image.

, on Flickr
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Re: Bristol Balloon Fiesta

I like the trees John, as for Rupert he does seem a handful. At least you didn't have far to travel to get these, always loved the early morning flights especially if they went over the city.

Comment

I like it
      Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
      Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Loving Rupert and the fireworks are great with the trees breaking them up.

We had our regatta fireworks display last night but I decided not to photograph it as my previous 'success' had been from some scaffolding we had up at the time. As soon as the display started I regretted not making the effort as it was from a barge near the pier and where I was sat in my garden was perfectly placed with no obstructions, great forground water for reflections and no need for a ladder. Next year!

Cheers,
        John

Comment

Thanks for looking and commenting chaps.

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
          ..........We had our regatta fireworks display last night but I decided not to photograph it as my previous 'success' had been from some scaffolding we had up at the time. As soon as the display started I regretted not making the effort as it was from a barge near the pier and where I was sat in my garden was perfectly placed with no obstructions, great forground water for reflections and no need for a ladder. Next year!

Cheers,
          John
          I don't suppose your reluctance to shift your *rse had anything to do with a glass of cider which happened to have found its way into your welcoming hand?
          John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Working...
          X