Cider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cider

The most excellent Bridge Farm Cider seemed to be pretty important at the steam fair.

This is where it was sold:

These people were drinking it:

And this is the man who made it:

Cheers,
    John

Re: Cider

Looks good John - when it came to the cider drinkers, I was expecting a selfie!
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Nice set John

Tom

Comment

Captured the evening cider event very well.

Paul
        EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
        Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

You have captured the atmosphere so well.
          Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Thanks folks

No selfies from me as I respect my camera and viewing public far too much for exposure to such dangers

Just back from a few days in Somerset which is, as Mr. Liddle so eloquently puts it, "where the cider apples grow" but sadly the only cider where we stayed was a nasty fizzy pop made by, I suspect, our last lady PM in her bathtub with the boasted 'cloudiness' coming from Denis washing his socks in it. It was so unpleasant I only took two sips (the second to confirm it really was as bad as the first had been) before leaving the rest. Which should serve as a reminder that there is a gulf of difference between 'proper', 'real' cider from the farm gate or traditional pub and the sanitized pop so commonly available now.

Cheers,
            John

Comment

That is lovely lighting you have achieved, John. Warm and atmospheric.
              Canon EOS 7D
              EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
              Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
              flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Thankls Alex :Smile:

Cheers,
                John

Comment

Great set, especially like the last one
                  Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

Nice one John --- but it's Devon where the best cider Apple grow!!!!!!!
                    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Thanks Jeff

Originally posted by Trev B View Post
                      Nice one John --- but it's Devon where the best cider Apple grow!!!!!!!
                      Ha ha no argument from me as I'm Devon born and bred and only quoting Mr. Liddle Mind you his cider is pretty good and I've long held a liking for Bridge Farm which is just outside Yeovil. What makers do you have down in your part of God's own county?

My favourite local cider farm closed years ago and redeveloped into the kind of posh apartments the new owners of which have probably never let a drop of rough pass their lips. That left the neighbouring farm as the only local maker but even back in the day when I was less discriminating considered theirs only fit for sprinkling on chips

Fortunately the famous Cider Bar is at nearby Newton Abbot so I do have some choices:

Cider Bar.jpg

Cheers,
                      John

Comment

Buy it from farms although home made cider is getter harder to find these days. I was brought up on cider, my mother was born in the old Plough Inn in the village of Littleham just outside of Exmouth. You only had to say to Grandmother you had a cold and out would come a glass of cider with a lump of ginger in the red hot poker from the fire to hot it up - I know one thing it got rid of the cold!
                        Still got the pottery quart cider jugs and the brass spittoon that was in the middle of the bar - use it now to Make jam in.
                        Cider in those days was halfpenny a pint. My Grandads brother got so drunk on cider that he went home a put his wife on the fire - he went to jail for it. They also used to sell brandy and tobacco that was smuggled in to the cove from the passing sailing ships.
                        I knew one local farmer who made his own cider, he would get in with it and mash the apples up with his Wellington boots, it was nothing to see a dead rat floating about in it - but we still drank it.
                        I was born and bred Devon can trace my family back to 1548
                        Last edited by Trev B; 19-08-2018, 16:45.
                        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Working...
                        X