• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woodbridge Tide Mill

Woodbridge Tide Mill by Jeff Cranwell, on Flickr
    Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Re: Woodbridge Tide Mill

I like the image but its making my eye flick from side to side from the clouds to the building and back...I just can't settle on this one even though it has good colour, subject and processing (maybe I'm just tired)
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
      I like the image but its making my eye flick from side to side from the clouds to the building and back...I just can't settle on this one even though it has good colour, subject and processing (maybe I'm just tired)
      Too much information to take in Brian?
      It’s easier on the eye after a few single malts
      Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

The Blue above the clouds certainly offsets the gray below the clouds. Very interesting effect.

Tom

Comment

Cheers Tom
          Regards,

Jeff

Comment

I like it

I see Brian's point but, to my eyes (sharpened with a G&T followed by a glass of Merlot) it seems OK as I think the two main elements (cloud and mill) are on the same diagonal alignment so 'flow' from one to the other without my eye becoming lost in the scene.

Cheers,
            John

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
              I like it

I see Brian's point but, to my eyes (sharpened with a G&T followed by a glass of Merlot) it seems OK as I think the two main elements (cloud and mill) are on the same diagonal alignment so 'flow' from one to the other without my eye becoming lost in the scene.

Cheers,
              John

Cheers John,
              I’m glad the drinks are aiding in your focus........hick
              Regards,

Jeff

Comment

like it to an extent but the problem for me is the composition with the main subject, the mill squashed up against the right hand side
                Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                flickr

Comment

I like this - an unusual view of this well known landmark.
                  Taking Stan's point & knowing the area very well there is a large building to the right of the Tide Mill (as we view it) & it certainly wouldn't have improved the shot.
                  Sometimes you just have to go with it!
                  Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                    like it to an extent but the problem for me is the composition with the main subject, the mill squashed up against the right hand side
                    Thanks Stan,

It was a case of having to do that if I wanted the three elements of Mill, reflection and the interesting bits of the sky to be in the shot.
                    I of course took other shots concentrating on just the Mill but was drawn to this one personally
                    Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by bobowen View Post
                      I like this - an unusual view of this well known landmark.
                      Taking Stan's point & knowing the area very well there is a large building to the right of the Tide Mill (as we view it) & it certainly wouldn't have improved the shot.
                      Sometimes you just have to go with it!
                      Thanks Bob,

Funnily enough I work in Ipswich and it’s only 30 minutes down the road from my home and yet I had never visited before.
                      I shall return again.......hopefully when the tide is in
                      Regards,

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Coolcat View Post
                        Thanks Bob,

.......hopefully when the tide is in
                        Try & go when the Mill is open - really interesting and informative.

I spend a week in the area every year, usually in the autumn when the crowds have gone. Fabulous place!
                        Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

It's a lovely spot. There are usually plenty of waders along the estuary too, if birding is your thing. And the little cafe by the model boat pond does great cake!
                          Chris
                          80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Working...
                          X