Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

changing metadata on canon raw file in LR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

changing metadata on canon raw file in LR?

I have been asked to change metadata on jpegs which I'm doing through LR...so far so good. But they also want my raw files and for those files to have similar metadata changes. Is this possible in LR (for any raw file)? As far as I can tell, the changes seen on screen are just that, on screen, and not actually applied until exporting files. When exporting, there's a setting for file type as 'original', but that seems to export a raw plus .xmp sidecar file. Any ideas anyone? My LR is classic version 6.14, raw files are from a 5d mk4

thanks
    Derek

Re: changing metadata on canon raw file in LR?

It might be worth looking at this:-

A command-line application and Perl library for reading and writing EXIF, GPS, IPTC, XMP, makernotes and other meta information in image, audio and video files. For Windows, MacOS, and Unix systems.

or look at the comparison chart here:-

Last edited by John Liddle; 14-08-2018, 11:50.
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Derek, I’m not sure I understand the problem, who/why is asking to change the Exif of your images. Which Exif element is being requested to be changed?

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
        Derek, I’m not sure I understand the problem, who/why is asking to change the Exif of your images. Which Exif element is being requested to be changed?

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
        Peter - you asked the question that had also occurred to me. Unless there is some significant loss of income or prestige in not complying with the request, I would have been very tempted to tell the recipient to sort it out for themselves.
        John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Working...
        X