Spherical Object at Hushinish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spherical Object at Hushinish.

I spotted this spherical object whilst scouting for photo opportunities around Hushinish on the Isle of Harris. To reach Hushinish it's about a twelve mile drive along a single track B road. Wonderful scenery along the road and of course you get to see it again on the return journey.

As always your thoughts and comments are welcome.

PS. I chose to leave the people on the beach in the image, as at this size they are quite small in the image.

Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Re: Spherical Object at Hushinish.

Nicely balanced image Peter

Tom

Comment

Nicely balanced spherical object too! (presumably an old mine)
      John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Looks like a super spot....great colours!
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

nice composition

stan
          Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
          flickr

Comment

Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

I like that a lot! A bit of a halo on the mine, perhaps, and I like to place elements such as the mine equidistantly (so a slight crop off the right may make it stronger) but the scene is so nice I can forgive all that

Sometimes including people can work especially if they provide a sense of scale and here being so tiny shows just how big the beach is.

Nearest I've been to the Outer Hebrides is the northern point of Skye (so have viewed Harris across the Minch). Problem I have is that the friend who brings his bike across from Ireland to tour with me only ever has a week which, with me riding up from Devon, isn't enough time to island hop. I may show him these pics to let him see what we're missing.

Cheers,
              John

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
                I like that a lot! A bit of a halo on the mine, perhaps, and I like to place elements such as the mine equidistantly (so a slight crop off the right may make it stronger) but the scene is so nice I can forgive all that

Sometimes including people can work especially if they provide a sense of scale and here being so tiny shows just how big the beach is.

Nearest I've been to the Outer Hebrides is the northern point of Skye (so have viewed Harris across the Minch). Problem I have is that the friend who brings his bike across from Ireland to tour with me only ever has a week which, with me riding up from Devon, isn't enough time to island hop. I may show him these pics to let him see what we're missing.

Cheers,
                John
                Thanks John, I've just looked at the full size tiff and the halo isn't on it so I shall put it down to a sharpening/resizing artefact

Harris and Lewis have IMHO much to offer a touring photographer. Maybe you should suggest your friend from across the water meets you in Scotland there's a ferry to Cairnryan. But that's still a good ride up there from Devon. We, on this trip got the ferry from Uig on Skye to Tarbert on Harris and left on the Stornoway to Ullapool ferry. However that again is a long ride home for you.
                Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

Thanks, Tom, John, Brian,Stan and Nigel for looking and commenting
                  Peter

Feel free to browse my

Comment

Working...
                  X