You love them or you hate them!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You love them or you hate them!

Herring Gull -- but there's something about them.

517 - Herring Gull 517-08-2018 by Trev Bartlett MBE, on Flickr
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Re: You love them or you hate them!

Not sure I love 'em....especially living by the coast
    Do love your shot though
    Regards,

Jeff

Eos 1D x and Eos 1D mk4, EF 24-105L F4, EF 70-200L F2.8 mk2, EF 100L F2.8 macro, 1.4 and 2.0 mk3 converters, Sigma Art 12-24 F4, Sigma Art 85 F1.4 .....Pixapro GI01 speedlite, Citi 600 battery strobes and Pika200 battery strobes.

Comment

they are a bit of a pest but one of the most photogenic of the gulls
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Not my favourite bird by a long way but always appreciate them when captured as good as this one Trev , great exposure and lovely detail
        Steve ( LSINWP )
        1DX, and 7D2 ,500mmf4mkii, 300mmf2.8, 400mm f5.6 , 100mm - 400mmmk2 ,70-200mm f2.8 ,24-105mm f4, 100mm f2.8 macro , 1.4x converter, 2x converter and a big dose of luck !!

Comment

I have mixed feelings about them as they are splendid on the wing but noisy, messy and downright dangerous the rest of the time whether scavenging or defending young.

Living as close to the sea as I do I get to see their antics at close quarters and am constantly dismayed when holidaymakers ignore the signs posted all through the town to not feed them but are then surprised when one swoops down and shreds their child's cheek while stealing its ice-cream.

Idiot neighbours feed them so they nest on their roof meaning we get dive bombed when they have young and our cars crapped on so often I have to frequently wash them to protect the paintwork.

No, nasty animals yet still nice to watch as they ride the up draughts from the cliff.

Cheers,
          John

PS Nice photo

Comment

Nice detail Trev.

Bill.
            7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Nice work
              Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Comment

Well taken Trev

Tom

Comment

Thanks everyone for your comments and all who looked in.

Agree John, I live in Exmouth and they are a major problem, nesting on rooftops
                  Trev

Flickr:

Comment

also living by the sea I love them ,I frequently feed them to but they dont seem to be a nuisance this way . plus not many people realise how many different varieties there are . theres no such thing as a seagull by the way apart of course from Steven

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
                      also living by the sea I love them ,I frequently feed them to but they dont seem to be a nuisance this way . plus not many people realise how many different varieties there are . theres no such thing as a seagull by the way apart of course from Steven
                      Thanks Jeff
                      Down this way there are notices everywhere 'PLEASE DO NOT FEED THE SEAGULLS' there are local by-laws in place to fine people that do. I would like to see someone stand their ground in court --What is a Seagull.
                      Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Working...
                      X