Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 My images - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My images

I've decided that my technique needs much improvement,so I have decided not to post any more images on here for a while until I improve.I've already learnt a lot though,but not up to the high standards of images on here.

For now I'll restrict my posts to general questions on equipment etc.

Re: My images

What! do you think we all just started taking clear sharp well exposed and nicely composed shots right from the start no we don't.
    We all learn in fact we never ever stop learning just some are at different levels than others.
    Just keep posting your images and enjoy the ride.

Paul
    EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
    Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Thanks Paul,I've no more events now until the end of September at the Malvern Autumn show.

When I've processed all of them,I'll post just one from yesterday's Leicester Old Town Festival.

Comment

Unbelievable No way will your technique improve (your quote) if you are not going to use your camera until the end of September. Get out there take pictures, post them - practice makes perfect!
        Its no good posting on here then taking them down because you never got any comments, I looked at your Buzzard shot today, the next thing it was gone, you took it down, it not the first post that you've taken down. You were telling us when you posted your zoo pictures, which you took down that your friends on Facebook thought they were great -- is that not a good reason to get out there with that camera and get some pictures.
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Roy if you had seen the really bad shots I put on here at the beginning and the ones I still put up that are nothing special. BUT, I have learnt so much from the comments the other members have put on here. Of course some of them have not been what I would have liked, but they have always been constructive and that is what you want from a forum. I have had shots that have never got any comments, disappointing yes, but I would never take them down. Keep taking shots of everything & posting them, then learn from those on here.

Comment

Point taken and thanks for all your encouragement,here's the buzzard one again,your comments would be appreciated because it was the first time I've attempted one like that,somewhat different from the parrots at Tropical Birdland!
            IMG_0807 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
            IMG_0127 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
            IMG_0127 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr

Your ideas are also welcomed on whether or not the next two work,I thought the sepia one was appropriate,given the WW1 theme.
            Last edited by Guest; 28-08-2018, 20:37.

Comment

Re the Buzzard it's a nice detailed shot. It would have been ideal if you could have got it on a natural perch and hid the straps, but not always possible with captive birds. I'm not a great fan of captive anything, would rather get it wild and free - I like to it the hard way
              Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Thanks Trev but I had to work with the situation,the bird on the falconer's gauntlet,no natural perch.

Comment

I like the sepia image as it gives it a period feel.

re. the buzzard, it's a well taken shot of what you had to work with. However, it's always worth getting a lot more practice in when you get the chance. Eventually you'll start to automatically think about positioning yourself so that the background is less intrusive or that the jesses are hidden a bit more, or composing the shot so that any hands are less prominent. They'll still be there, and that's fine in my opinion, but thinking about lessening the impact of those things in the final image will improve the shot.
                  Chris
                  80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Thanks Chris.Does this one work better?
                    IMG_0806 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
                    Last edited by Guest; 28-08-2018, 22:00.

Comment

As others have said, Roy, just keep posting images (and comments) whenever you want. Don't be put off by other peoples' images that you perceive to be better, or by not getting comments occasionally. We all get what we each want out of this forum, we post for different reasons and we all have as much right as the next person to use it as we wish.
                      For what it is worth, of the images posted in this thread, I like what you have done with the sepia effect which fits the age and has other benefits such as disguising the car behind him. Of the buzzards I like the close up very much, well composed and well positioned.
                      Canon EOS 7D
                      EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                      Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                      flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Indeed, creating portrait shot of captive birds can help immensely, just try to always be aware of the backgound!
                        Chris
                        80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Thanks Alex and Chris,I couldn't do anything about the background on the buzzard shots.The event was in a large public square,with roads on two sides,the falconer was sitting in the only place available with the rest of the square being occupied with tents,vintage buses and a replica WW1 tank etc.

Comment

Trev B;I took the images down for the reasons I stated and not because of no comments made on them.

I am fully aware of your views on captive birds,but just bear in mind some of us have neither the chance to see them in the wild,nor the £1000s worth of kit to shoot with.

I work with what I've got by way of opportunities and camera kit.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nighthawk View Post
                              Thanks Chris.Does this one work better?
                              IMG_0806 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr
                              Yes, the eye is sharp, the beak is sharp and the feathers are well rendered. The background is still not ideal but the shallow DOF has rendered it less intrusive. OK it may be worth darkening the lightest area a little but it's not killing the shot and can be lived with. For me this is a decent shot.

Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
                              X