Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 My images - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My images

Thanks Nigel,much appreciated.

Comment

Hi Roy

I think i have to agree with most of the comments.

Very good sharpness in the right areas (eyes) nice out of focus backgrounds yes the framing of the buzzard could be improved but cropping the shot helps in that regard.
      The army chap has been nicely taken

Paul
      EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
      Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Thanks Paul,greatly appreciated.

Comment

Agreed with what's been said...... you not going to the victory show?
          Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Thanks Tony,that show has never really appealed to me,don't know why,it just hasn't.

Woods Coaches usually run a trip to Cosford Airshow every year,I might be tempted again now I've got some decent kit..and there's my radio scanner that picks up mil-air frequencies too.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nighthawk View Post
              Trev B;I took the images down for the reasons I stated and not because of no comments made on them.

I am fully aware of your views on captive birds,but just bear in mind some of us have neither the chance to see them in the wild,nor the £1000s worth of kit to shoot with.

I work with what I've got by way of opportunities and camera kit.
              I did not find fault in the picture because it was a captive bird - I said it was a good shot, just a pity about the gloved hand, but there was little you could do about that.

Thousands of pound worth of equipment - I don't think so. When I go out I take the very minimum of gear, usually the same as you - Camera and 100/400 lens. I spent a few hours in a hide this morning, my only gear was camera and 150/600 lens. I don't even carry a bag, the camera sits on the front seat of the car with its own seat belt - not a great idea I know, but that's what I do.

So you see I work with what I got!

I must say you have provided some amusement on here - keep posting.
              Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Happy to oblige!
                Last edited by Guest; 31-08-2018, 21:33.

Comment

Like others have commented, I prefer finding birds/wildlife in their natural settings. However, I've taken many a shot of captive birds at shows or outdoor wildlife rescues, etc. The only caveat I'd offer is, if the bird/wildlife is captive, then to always indicate such.

And, i'd like to add that I like the cropped photo of the Buzzard - sharp features, well focused. The sepia version is more apropo due to the WWI setting. Well done.
                  Chip B

Canon 80D, 100-400L, 24-105L, 70-300 IS Nano, 18-135 IS, 100 Macro, Tamron 150-600 G2

Comment

Thanks Chip,much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                    X