Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Update on"my images"post; - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update on"my images"post;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update on"my images"post;

It looks like I'll be out with my kit on September 9th for the Leicester 10k race,part of the route is fairly close to home,but not the start/finish line,which is just too far for me to get to I think,but I'll look into it.

It will be a good chance to try out some fast shutter speeds,my panning technique just isn't good enough,so I'll be happy with fast speeds instead.And I've realised very recently that the burst mode on my 550D is not up to the job for action shots,being just 3.7fps.It just fills up my card with unusable shots.

The weather forecast for the day is looking ok so far,my new flash unit will be in my bag though,so perhaps a good chance to try it out do you think?

I will of course post a few on here at the time.
    Last edited by Guest; 30-08-2018, 15:16.

Re: Update on"my images"post;

Like everything, panning just takes practice. Noticeably with my recent air show shots where I'm a lot better at it than I was a couple of years back when I first started out!

I don't do much flash photography. Will a flash have the range to be useful? Plus, you'll be restricted in shutter speed, won't you?

Anyway, have fun doing it and post a few shots here.
    Chris
    80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Thanks Chris,my panning isn't too bad I suppose,I did a bit with passenger jets taking off at East Midlands airport earlier this year.I might give it a try at the road race.

It's over twenty years since I tried using flash,but now I've got my new one,I'll try it out for fill flash just to see the results,which will give me some ideas on using it in future.

Comment

I'll try it out for fill flash just to see the results,which will give me some ideas on using it in future.
        depends how close you are but remember the flash has a limited distance.

In normal mode, the sync speed is a maximum of 1/250 so no good for high shutter speeds although you could switch the flash to high speed sync but even then if you are shooting a burst the flash recycle time would probably not be quick enough to "flash" on anything but the first shot
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Thanks Stan,it will more a case of just experimenting with the flash to find out what it can do.

I won't be using burst at all that day.

Comment

Working...
          X