Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6d or 5d3?

Hi all..
    Have the chance of a used 5d3 or buying s new 6d2 for around the same money..5d3 has around 8000 activations and is a year old...any thoughts on ehat I should do..Will be used for general purpose stuff..thanks

Re: 6d or 5d3?

6d2....and I own a 5d3 lol...the articulated screen is a great edition...plus it's 4k video...just newer tech....

Sent from my Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks super!

Comment

6D2 is a good camera. I own a 5D3 and I have used a 6D2, You cannot see a difference in the results but the 6D2 has some nice features. For pure still photography I, personally would go for the 5D3 but the extra features could be useful.
        Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Unless you are really keen on high speed action, such as sports, I'd go for the 6D2. Not only is the screen articulated, it's also a touch screen, which I find very useful and use it a lot for quick changes of settings. The Live View focussing is also better having the Dual Pixel CMOS system, which is much faster than the older methods. It's a noticeably lighter camera as well.
          Image quality is likely to be pretty much the same with either, assuming the same lens.
          EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

I have the 5D3 and have been tempted to change to 6D2 for the features as above....but I’m sticking with the 5D3 for its two card slots because I sometime do weddings and need that back up in case of card failure....and it is supposed to be at least a little better for action with superior focussing ability.
            Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by Richard W View Post
              Unless you are really keen on high speed action, such as sports, I'd go for the 6D2. Not only is the screen articulated, it's also a touch screen, which I find very useful and use it a lot for quick changes of settings. The Live View focussing is also better having the Dual Pixel CMOS system, which is much faster than the older methods. It's a noticeably lighter camera as well.
              Image quality is likely to be pretty much the same with either, assuming the same lens.
              I have the 6D2 (sold the 5D3) and would agree with Richard. If you are shooting landscape you will love this camera with it’s articulating screen.

Tom

Comment

I think the 6D also connects by WiFi to your phone/tablet which is really good when travelling to review and edit...and remote control via the connect app....these are on my 200D and I find them really useful.
                Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

The 6D ll also has GeoTagging and Bluetooth but flash sync speed is only 1/180 sec if that is an issue. They say the dynamic range is smaller too. Only having a single card slot wasn't an issue with me and I changed from the 5D lll to the 6D ll and have to say that I went into it with my eyes wide open and don't regret it at all. So good luck in your choice. By the way the articulated touch screen is wonderful!

Phil

Comment

they say the dynamic range is smaller too
                    Dynamic range of 6d, 6d2, 5d2 and 5d3 are virtually the same for all practical purposes
                    The criticism of the 6d2 dynamic range was more that in 5 years since the 6d (or even 9 years since the 5d2) Canon hadn't really improved the dynamic range of their sensors while other companies had made considerable progress. Only the 5dIV is a major improvement.
                    I created this chart with data from the site "Photons to Photos". Of course, it also shows that if you want high dynamic range you need to keep to the lower ISO settings. Noise isn't the only issue at higher ISO, resolution and dynamic range also decrease.
                    Dynamic range 2.jpg
                    EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

Nice one Richard. Easy to follow information.

Comment

Thanks everyone!..went with the 6d2 and I love it !

Comment

Working...
                        X