More UV Plants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More UV Plants

The arrival of spring has prompted me to pull out the UV torch and explore our local gardens looking for plants that exhibit interesting patterns of UV induced luminescence.

In the first two images the background foliage has been painted with visible light, whilst the flower was painted with UV.
    Flickr
    Web Page
    Instagram
    Facebook

Re: More UV Plants

Hi Jonathan, Nice! how did you do it. Its something a bit different. You say Spring, you obviously don't live in the UK, we're looking forward to winter ------- and Christmas
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Hi Trev, no not the UK, AUS and yes it's starting to warm up Summer is on the way

The shot where taken using a 20-30 second exposure, during which I used a UV torch to (light) paint the flower. In the images were the background foliage has been painted with visible light, my wife used a standard LED torch to carefully illuminate the background (without letting the visible light spill onto the flower) at the same time
      Flickr
      Web Page
      Instagram
      Facebook

Comment

Wow, I really like them, especially the last one - excellent
        Regards
        Lez

5Ds // 5D Mark III //
        7D Mark II // 16-35 f4L // 24-70 f2.8L II //
        24-105 f4L II // 70-200 f4 L // 70-200 f2.8 Lis II // 50 f1.2L // 85 f1.8 //100 f2.8Lis // 200 f2.8L // 300 f4Lis // 1.4ex // .......... and a longer wish list

Comment

Thanks Iron Man
          Flickr
          Web Page
          Instagram
          Facebook

Comment

Working...
          X