Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Reason for deleting my"copyright"thread - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reason for deleting my"copyright"thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reason for deleting my"copyright"thread

I have taken the whole thread down(but saved the good advice)because it no longer applies.

With just a single exception everything I took was complete c**p.Entirely my own fault for trying to operate on hardly any sleep..and before TrevB says"I told you to get an early night" sorry chap but personal matters intervened.

I won't be posting any shots,mainly because there are none, the one I managed to barely salvage has been kept as a personal memento of the day and is not for publication.

Trip to Malvern Autumn show in three weeks time,so onwards and upwards etc.

Hope you understand.
    Last edited by Guest; 09-09-2018, 22:47.

Re: Reason for deleting my"copyright"thread

Now that is a great pity after all the frenzied excitement to this event on here over the past few weeks. I'm sure everyone was looking forward to seeing the products of your labour. Hopefully it was a good event and a large sum of money was made for charity. There are some good pictures on the Leicester Mercury Web Site taken by their freelance photographer Matt Short.
    No, I'm not going to say "I told you so" we all make mistakes. You do however give the impression that you only take pictures when there is a major event such as the Leicester 10k or the Melvern Autumn Show - get out there in between times with the camera take shots - post them on here - practice makes perfect.
    We all take crap shots at sometime or the other, some on here may not admit to it but I will. You were not the only one to have a crap day yesterday - I did also. First the wife told me to put the joint in the oven, which I did and by mistake put the oven on full- the joint was burnt to a cinder! Secondly, I had a call to say their were three Cattle Egrets in a field near me - off I went to get some shots, only to realise when I got there that I had forgotten to put the battery back in the camera!
    Remember there is help at hand - PM me if you want
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Sorry you won't be using your photos or you feel the day didn't go quite to plan.

People aren't fully aware how much pressure you're under when shooting events as time goes so quickly.

It fine to think the papers only want 8-10 shots but they need to be strong images that convey the event not just snap shots so a little bit of planning helps to know what to look for when your out, then they have to be clear /sharp /well exposed and composed shots you only get one chance.

(I'm full of advice but there's time when i turn up and haven't got a clue what I'm doing)

As Trev says we all take rubbish shots sometimes/most times but you just learn and try not to take as many next time lol.

Paul
      EOS 1Dx, - EF 24-105L f4,- Sigma 135 f1.8 Art - EF 400L IS f2.8, - Speedlite 430EXII.
      Freelance Sports Photographer for local Press - https://twitter.com/P_linton99

Comment

Thanks Trev and Paul I'm going to stick with what I'm comfortable with..shots of my choosing and not under pressure.

Trev;Sorry to hear your day wasn't a good one either.I don't always have time to get out and about with the camera on the spur of the moment..which is why I prefer events where I can plan ahead.

Having been to the Malvern show last year,I know it'll be a much better experience,with almost unlimited photo opportunities.

Comment

On the bright side of yesterday I'll be getting my taxi fares paid and also I was given a meal token,which was put to good use.

Comment

I’m with Trev on the use of camera. I’m generally out every weekend shooting something or other and practice and familiarity with your kit can be a massive improvement in your chances of a successful shoot. You need muscle memory to be able to use it effectively and that only comes with taking lots of shots.

Also, taking down a whole thread of good advice seems churlish in the extreme. Other people could read those messages and learn from the responses which they now won’t be able to do - recall it’s other people’s words you’ve removed not just your own.
            EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Update;Well,the good news is that all of yesterday's shots are still in my LR library!

I'll go through them tonight and then post a couple on here via Flickr.

Comment

taking down a whole thread of good advice seems churlish in the extreme. Other people could read those messages and learn from the responses which they now won’t be able to do - recall it’s other people’s words you’ve removed not just your own.
                agree

I am sorry you didnt get the sort of pictures you were aiming for. You have asked advice on settings etc for lots of different scenarios over the past weeks and have received good advice but having particular settings is only half the story, if comes down to experience in putting those settings into practice, so you need to go out and get comfortable in their use in situations that dont perhaps matter if you get it right or wrong, rather than jump straight in to the "big one", in other words, learn to walk before you try to run.
                Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
                flickr

Comment

Andy and Stan;Point taken thanks,I have learnt from my mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                  X