Hello folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello folks

Greetings all, Steve from Essex here, hope you're all well!

I've just realised a long-term dream and got myself a 5D Mk IV with a 24-70 f2.8.

A keen amateur tog, I started my delve into 'proper' photography (i.e. interchangeable lenses) a few years ago with a mirrorless set-up, Fuji XT-1. It was a great camera, with some great lenses (notably the XF56 1.2), but I found myself mostly in pp trying to emulate the 5D colours & look-and-feel, and so I've finally given that up to go full frame DSLR.

I've fallen in love straight away. Some things will take getting used to...no EVF, the extra size/weight... but I think I'm over that already. We'll see how the new R range lens line-up shapes up in the future. I may well go back mirrorless eventually, but for now I'm (very VERY) happy with the choice I have made!

I've got a lot of reading up & settings-tweaking to do, and I'm v much looking forward to getting stuck in and having a proper play with my new toy.

Lens want-list = 16-35mm; 50mm 1.2; 85mm 1.2... I've got some saving to do!

Cheers!
    Steve.

Re: Hello folks

Hi Steve, welcome to the Forum. Nice camera, I've got one. Look forward to seeing some pictures in the near future
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Welcome to the forum Steve

Tom

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
        I've had my 5D IV for 2 years now and it still amazes me just how good it is.

Good luck
        Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Welcome to the forum Steve
          Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Thanks all for the kind welcome!

Hope to get out soon and start learning and practising with the beast! ... damn you, busy long-houred job!

Already tempted to load up the credit card with some of the lenses in the current cashback offer! ... damn you, GAS!

Best I get out and use what I've got for now.

Picked up a Peak Design 10L sling bag, so at least I can move the thing around (really rate the bag). Cam + lens didn't even come close to fitting in my old bag!

Cheers.
            Steve.

Comment

Welcome Steve, nice choice of set up, were a friendly bunch here, willing to both learn and help :)
              Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Working...
              X