Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 WWT Slimbridge - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WWT Slimbridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWT Slimbridge

I've just noticed that my local coach firm are running a trip to the above in January,and I'll be booking for it.

The question is,will just my current lenses be suitable,or would a 100-400 be needed as well?I think it would be the ideal place to get shots that I wouldn't normally be able to get.

Ideas please,I think the choices are;just my current lenses or those plus a 100-400,just a quick note on that if I may;I can't afford to rent anything bigger.

Over to our resident wildlife photographers..
    Last edited by Guest; 12-09-2018, 23:55.

Re: WWT Slimbridge

Quite simply in a nut shell - STICK WITH THE GEAR YOU GOT. You will find that a lot of the birds will be at your feet - 55-250 will do you fine.
    No need to hire a 100-400 or leave alone anything larger unless you plan to lug around a tripod all day. Keep in mind you are going in January, the light may be very poor (the last time I went it never got light all day) hence you may well have to use a high ISO in order to get any speed etc.
    Go take the easy shots, don't try and emulate some of what you see on here. that comes with practice.
    Remember what you've already been told on here - learn to walk before you try to run.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Thanks Trev,that's great advice,it's good to know you've been before so you know what it's like there.

Comment

It's likely that there's a significant number of us that have been to Slimbridge - I've been more times than I can count. While there are birds that need a longer lens, there's lots that will be in range of a 55-250.
        EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Thanks Andy

Comment

Steve (Dawesy), has put couple of postings up recently which really show the benefit of getting as low as possible. My problem is getting back up afterwards but that's where a monopod comes in handy.

John

Comment

Thanks John,I take your point about low shots,but I don't have a monopod,I had one in the 1990s and didn't get on with it at all,so getting down low in the first place-and back up again-isn't an option for me I'm afraid.

As Trev suggested in his reply I'm better off going for the easy shots.
              Last edited by Guest; 17-09-2018, 20:28.

Comment

Working...
              X