Lighter weight combination.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lighter weight combination.

After lugging a 7DII with battery pack and several lenses in a back pack I was surprised how light my old 600D was! My walk-round lens for that which is still used is the EF-S 18-135. That seems to be a pretty good combination for lightweight and zoom range. However, I had often thought about the EF-s 18-55 and 55-250 as a lightweight combo. I would be tempted, should I need to go light, to use the two rather than one. I know this does not meet your requirements for a single lens, but most reviews I have seen of the longer range zooms suggest they are soft at the tele end. The other aspect I would suggest you check is the maximum ISO for the 77D. I could only use up to 800 on the 600D, whereas the 7DII is good at 1600 and 3200 in most cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitht53 View Post
      Nice idea Trev B. The snag is that my missus already has her own gear to carry If there was a decent market for film gear I could start my own shop too. 'Inherited' all my brother's kit when he died and much of that goes back to the 60's and 70's when we had real cameras where you had to focus and meter for yourself. Them woz the days.
      The market for clean legacy lenses is thriving at the moment , due to the fact they work well with mirrorless bodies . Get them on e.bay

Comment

Thanks black fox. I wasn't aware that there is demand. I'll look into it.

Comment

Working...
        X