Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French Roads

Hi All,

Have just returned from about 3 weeks in France in Motorhome, beautiful roads and not a single traffic jam, hardly any photography done but much Wine drunk.

As I got off the Tunnel yesterday onto the M20, it struck me that any French people visiting England must think they have landed by mistake in a 3rd World country with the traffic and state of our roads

In a Motorhome with it's hard walled high pressure tyres you feel every bump and the French Roads are glorious compared to ours, I just don't know why we can't perform to the same standards, even our few brand new or resurfaced roads are nowhere near the quality the French produce.

Within 30 mins we were in a traffic jam which took 1 1/4 hours to clear before the next hold up on the M25, then another on the M11 and this was Sunday afternoon!!

Rant over.

Out with the Camera shortly as it seems to brightening up!

Paul

Re: French Roads

We have driven all over Europe and in Florida and they all put the UK to shame - I cant recall ever being stuck in traffic and , like France, the surfaces are so smooth.

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

After enjoying French roads on my motorbike I absolutely detest that hill on the A20 out of Dover followed by miles of slow or stationary traffic on the M25. I've often wondered what visitors from across the channel think when they experience it.
      Chris
      80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

I was in Norway a few months back. The thing there that hit home to us was the countryside waa litter free, roadside were not strewn with rubbish like they are here. Potholes we won't go down that road, my thoughts on that I would most likely be banned from the site.
        Sorry but this country is completely messed up. I gave part of my life to this country to make it a better place - what a waste of time it was.
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

sorry to add to this but even the roads in Egypt (bar the wandering camels) put ours to shame

Comment

Working...
          X