Quick question re Op-Tech rain sleeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question re Op-Tech rain sleeves

The weather is looking variable with the possibility of rain for the Malvern show next week,so,has anyone got experience of using an OpTech rain sleeve?

I see they make a version that will cover the camera,lens and flashgun, I'm considering getting one so that I don't have to miss any external shots should the weather turn wet..ideas please?

Re: Quick question re Op-Tech rain sleeves

Large plastic bag, roll of masking tape is all you need, rain covers to me are a rip off for what they are.
    Cut hole in bottom of bag same size as lens, hold in place with masking tape - job done.
    I always carry a couple of plastic bags and bin bags with me plus a roll of Gaffer Tape for such an event as rain.
    Used to use the bin bags for the ENG (video) camera.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Thanks Trev,practical as ever.

Comment

I have an op tech rain cover which I bought a few years ago at a photography show for around £10 I think. Still using the original one which, despite being just plastic, is still in good condition and fits most of my lenses. Folds flat and takes very little space in the bag.

I plastic bag is a good alternative of course and free!!
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Thanks Stan,that's good to know,I might try and get one for next Saturday,although the free plastic bag option is much more tempting!

Comment

Working...
          X