Lightroom CC plan with 1Tb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightroom CC plan with 1Tb

I've just changed my subscription from Lightroom CC Classic with Photoshop to Lightroom CC with 1Tb cloud storage for the same price.

Do I now need to use Lightroom CC instead of the Classic version....and if so, how do I get my catalogue from classic into CC and thus cloud storage?

Any help would save me some considerable time researching and watching youtube videos....many thanks in advance...
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Re: Lightroom CC plan with 1Tb

I would go onto the Lightroom Queen website and download the free quick start e-book

John

Comment

Thanks John....got that now.
      Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Also worth having a good look at their forum Brian.

John

Comment

Cheers John.
          Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Looks like Classic still works but the editing module is disabled...so have to use CC.
            There is no means to directly share on flickr on the computer in CC...but I can do that from LR CC on my iPad......gain in one hand and loose in the other....but I'm not complaining.
            Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

The 1TB sounds great.................................... Until you decide to leave Adobe and then what?? You have a TB of images online to either download, have back ups of on your PC thus negating the point, or you lose them.... That's what put me off.
              Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

Tony...my plan is to keep all of the image files on my hard drive on the computer (as TIFFS when processed) - periodically back them up on a second hard drive (as I do now) and mirror the whole lot on Adobe CC cloud. I'm not going to leave them on the cloud and just download when I need to.

…..by the way ...just found out yesterday that CC doesn't have a print module...so you have to go back to LR classic to print...crazy!

What is really good though is that shots I took tonight I've loaded onto my iPad via Canon connect....then imported them to LR CC on the ipad and they are on my desktop, laptop, iPad and phone automatically...really useful when I'm away from home.
                Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Working...
                X