Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Watchung Mountain & Stavola Construction Materials Inc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Watchung Mountain & Stavola Construction Materials Inc.

On our Friday hike, we took a trail along the Washington Valley and Watchung Mountain Range. Along the trail there was an overlook the you could see the valley and the First Watchung Mountain and the Stone mining being done on the mountain. Took this 8 image pano handheld of that view today:

IMG_9409 Pano.jpg by tesarver, on Flickr

Camera 6DMKII w/Tamron 27-70 SP1

Comments Welcomed

Tom

Re: First Watchung Mountain & Stavola Construction Materials Inc.

Dear Lord, what a mess we can make of our visual environment!

Well recorded Tom.
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

I agree John, we do have the capacity to turn our world upside-down Of course, without extracting all these raw materials we wouldn't have very important items such as cameras

Tom, I do like a big pano as they provide lots of lovely detail to drill into and inspect furthermore this is of an interesting subject so but clicking through to Flickr it's too small to appreciate

Cheers,
      John

Comment

Thanks John & John for stopping by. What size would you make this on Flickr John?

Comment

I stitch in PS which passes the TIFF back to LR that I then export as a jpeg and it's this jpeg I upload to Flickr. I don't specify a size for my images at all so they're whatever the process creates which are often pretty big ( < this one > for example is 10664 x 4614).

I concede that not everyone is going to be happy to share such sizes but, IMHO, yours at 1000 x 285 is a bit too small to appreciate how good the image is and enjoy the detail.

Cheers,
          John

Comment

Re: First Watchung Mountain &amp; Stavola Construction Materials Inc.

Any Better John?

IMG_9409 Pano by tesarver, on Flickr

Comment

You can certainly see more detail Tom, love the clouds....
              Regards
              Lez

5Ds // 5D Mark III //
              7D Mark II // 16-35 f4L // 24-70 f2.8L II //
              24-105 f4L II // 70-200 f4 L // 70-200 f2.8 Lis II // 50 f1.2L // 85 f1.8 //100 f2.8Lis // 200 f2.8L // 300 f4Lis // 1.4ex // .......... and a longer wish list

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
                Any Better John?
                Oh yes, much better and all that lovely detail is there to be seen, love it!

Cheers,
                John

Comment

Thanks Lez & John

Comment

Working...
                  X