The Lone Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lone Tree

I’ve visited this location many times but on this particular morning the low-lying mist above Llyn Padarn backlit by the rising sun made all the difference.
    5DS, F19 for 2secs @ 16mm, ISO 100, Nisi 1.2 soft grad
    B08184C3-044B-403A-8854-5A03B15D4F2C.jpg
    5DS, 16-35F4L, 24-70F2.8L, 24-105 Sigma Art, 100-400L, 50mm F1.4, Tamron 150-600G2, Nisi filters, Sirui waterproof carbon tripod

Re: The Lone Tree

Stunningly beautiful image Alun. Very well composed and taken

Tom

Comment

Lovely light and tones Alun, well captured and processed.

I’m so pleased you’ve returned as Landscape photography threads have been few and far between on the forum, some of that reduction is, I believe due to some landscape photographers changing camera brands.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
      Peter

Feel free to browse my
      Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thanks Tom. I’m on my phone and uploaded directly so I hope the quality is ok.
        5DS, 16-35F4L, 24-70F2.8L, 24-105 Sigma Art, 100-400L, 50mm F1.4, Tamron 150-600G2, Nisi filters, Sirui waterproof carbon tripod

Comment

Thanks Peter. I’d be a hypocrite if I didn’t admit that I replaced my backup camera with that of another brand ( in the absence of a Canon mirrorless ff at that time.) However, good as it is, I have noted several times online that I far prefer the user experience of my 5DS and that Canon remains my brand of choice ��

Comment

That's a real stunner Alun......

But the real question is..............has it made it to the wall?

Lez
            Regards
            Lez

5Ds // 5D Mark III //
            7D Mark II // 16-35 f4L // 24-70 f2.8L II //
            24-105 f4L II // 70-200 f4 L // 70-200 f2.8 Lis II // 50 f1.2L // 85 f1.8 //100 f2.8Lis // 200 f2.8L // 300 f4Lis // 1.4ex // .......... and a longer wish list

Comment

A stunning piece of work and I'm also glad we have another landscape enthusiast here to maintain my interest in the forum.
              Only complaint with it is that being a direct upload I can't 'fave' it on Flickr

Cheers,
              John

Comment

Absolutely utterly stunning....great work Alun and looking forward to seeing more of your work
                Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Man View Post
                  That's a real stunner Alun......

But the real question is..............has it made it to the wall?

Lez
                  I'm sure it would make it to anyone else's wall but Mrs D has very high standards

John

Comment

That is just stunning, lovely shot
                    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Gorgeous image, Alun.
                      Canon EOS 7D
                      EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
                      Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
                      flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Stunning shot and whilst I completely understand the need for the legend I can't help but think that it distracts from the image a tad.
                        Chris
                        80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Thanks for the generous feedback guys. Lez I must take my hat off to John for remembering how harsh a critic my other half can be. She observed, ‘Don’t you think it would have been less murky in daylight’ or words to those effect so it didn’t make the wall

Comment

Originally posted by Tynnwrlluniau View Post
                            Thanks for the generous feedback guys. Lez I must take my hat off to John for remembering how harsh a critic my other half can be. She observed, ‘Don’t you think it would have been less murky in daylight’ or words to those effect so it didn’t make the wall
                            I did remember Alun, hence the comment.......
                            Regards
                            Lez

5Ds // 5D Mark III //
                            7D Mark II // 16-35 f4L // 24-70 f2.8L II //
                            24-105 f4L II // 70-200 f4 L // 70-200 f2.8 Lis II // 50 f1.2L // 85 f1.8 //100 f2.8Lis // 200 f2.8L // 300 f4Lis // 1.4ex // .......... and a longer wish list

Comment

Working...
                            X