Potter in Skolepos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potter in Skolepos

Exposing for B&W on a bright Greek Island is a challenge to be sure! Not sure if I should post here, as I have kind of fallen out of love with my 600D - its limitations don't justify its size and weight hence I tend not to lug it around any more, so either use my phone or as in this case, a Canon G7X MK11 - which is a great little compact. Anyway, this was taken on the G7x and converted to B&W in lightroom, f 2.5 at 1/1250, 18.85 mm fl. iso 125

PotteryMan Skolepos_2018_SMALLCROP-1.jpg
    Last edited by celtex; 23-09-2018, 08:06.
    EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Re: Potter in Skolepos

nice interaction between the two men, makes you wonder what they are saying and the reflections in the wing mirrors are a nice addition, however re the title, there does not seem to be anything in the frame to indicate he is a potter

Stan
    Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
    flickr

Comment

I really good interaction or people shot as Stan has described....could possible be in the new Street forum but it hardly matters.
      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

I think that's great and especially like the way you caught the rider's side of the conversation reflected in both mirrors

Cheers,
        John

Comment

A well spotted photo opportunity, as Stan and others have mentioned the wing mirror reflections bring the rider into the image, rather than just being a persons back.
          Peter

Feel free to browse my
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thanks Folks

Re the Potter - I had to call it something, the shop he runs down a back street is him and his wife, they both do ceramic stuff, he the pots she the dishes etc, they also have a lot of art in the shop, that I assume is theirs too. They have been at this for 60 years he told me!

I did not spot the wing mirror reflections until I got home and cropped in on lightroom - so would love to take the credit for the spot but alas..it does add to the picture though

Thanks for looking
            Ian
            EOS 600d, ef 18-55 is kit lens, 50 mm 1.8 mkii, Tamron 70-300, 430EXii

Comment

Well spotted, taken, and processed

Tom

Comment

A great street shot. Well done.
                Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

A well spotted opportunity

Paul

Comment

Working...
                  X