Aberystwyth Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aberystwyth Guns

The sun was pretty much below the horizon so tried a balanced flash shot using the on camera flash (200D)

Untitled by brianvickers

…..and spotted this smoking gun on the sea front

Untitled by brianvickers
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Re: Aberystwyth Guns

Well I thought these were interesting.....36 views and no comments.....feels like I’ve been ignored in a conversation or blanked on the street....no worries though I’m made of tough stuff and won’t let social media anxiety get to me...or maybe it has....
    Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
      Well I thought these were interesting.....36 views and no comments.....feels like I’ve been ignored in a conversation or blanked on the street....no worries though I’m made of tough stuff and won’t let social media anxiety get to me...or maybe it has....
      I doubt that you're being ignored Brian.
      I like the first image. It has character and age with the rust.
      Is this in the castle?

Does the telescope in the second image actually work?
      I remember using them when I was a kid but was never impressed with the viewing quality.

I'm overdue a visit to Aberystwyth.
      Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
      Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Nice texture in the Canon - I would tone down the brightness a little on it, seems at odds with the sky & BG (love the colour in the sky)
        Regards
        Lez

5Ds // 5D Mark III //
        7D Mark II // 16-35 f4L // 24-70 f2.8L II //
        24-105 f4L II // 70-200 f4 L // 70-200 f2.8 Lis II // 50 f1.2L // 85 f1.8 //100 f2.8Lis // 200 f2.8L // 300 f4Lis // 1.4ex // .......... and a longer wish list

Comment

two good opportunities Brian

I agree with Lez regarding the brightness of the canon. I couldn't decide if there's some overspill of the flash on the wall to the right of the canon supporting timbers, or if it was something from your processing. The lighter part of the wall, just seems to draw my eyes to it.
          The smoking gun made me smile well spotted.
          Peter

Feel free to browse my
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

I'm only managing to get onto the forum about once a week at the moment Brian, so don't be offended!
            I like both of those, the second in particular was a great spot. The first you've caught the sky really nicely and I love the lighting and textures on the barrel but I think I agree with previous comments that toning down the timbers of the base a fraction might reduce the feel of a 'flash lit' image.
            Canon EOS 7D
            EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
            Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
            flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Thanks Guys for the valuable feedback. I think the small camera flash is harsh and needs to be addressed ...Ill definitely have a go at improving that. Yes it is Aberystwyth Castle. The town has lots of photo opportunities....nice light helps of course.
              Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

A nice couple of images, perhaps a bit bright with the flash but that can be toned down. The sky on the first cannon is great and I like the wisp of smoke from the barrel of the blue cannon

I also use a bit of fill-in flash occasionally with the 7D and G10 (but not the 5D3 of course )

I tend to have bursts of leaving comments as I feel they ought to be left after giving due consideration so sorry if I was one of those who appeared to be ignoring you, I wasn't, just waiting until I had the time to do justice to your work. What everyone else's excuse is I'll have to leave to them

Cheers,
                John

Comment

Nice shots Brian, well done
                  Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Nice shots Brian. I do like the 1st image, however, unlike the other comments, I like how that Canon stands out in the image. For me it pops nicely and I wouldn’t change it.

Tom

Comment

Working...
                    X