LR 6 Classic w/Mojave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LR 6 Classic w/Mojave

FYI -- If you are using the Stand alone LR6 on a MAC and you upgrade to the new MAC OS Mojave, beware that you will get a warning message that LR6 is not going to be supported on Mojave and may cause instability.

Tom

Re: LR 6 Classic w/Mojave

According to Lightroom Queen website, LR6.14 should be compatible but not earlier versions.

John

Comment

anyone got info on CATALINA 10.15
      Ray

Comment

anyone got info on CATALINA 10.15

Released today and available for download.

They say it's a huge upgrade, but on the face of it I don't see that much. iTunes out and Apple Music in appears to be the main thing.
        Colin

Comment

If you use a Wacom tablet or Spyder screen calibration, it’s recommended that you don’t upgrade yet until they properly test the new drivers.

John

Comment

Hmm might hang on for a while then.
            Ray

Comment

Just met a friend at the Camera Club and he has downloaded Catalina with no problems, so I might give it a go at the weekend.
              Colin

Comment

Lightroom 5 seems to be still working OK with Catalina with no warnings. Photoshop CS6 no longer works. Adobe Bridge still works though.

Emyr

Comment

Well I have downloaded Catalina but not yet installed.
                  Had 3 warnings appeared.
                  Aperture,Microsoft Word and Bamboo tablet.
                  All are old programs especially Word (2008)
                  Nothing showed for CS5.1 or LR 6.
                  Will still hang on for now and see if other problems surface.
                  Ray

Comment

There are big problems with older Adobe products - Catalina removes 32 bit support and Adobe aren't shipping 64 bit code for their older versions. In some cases the product is 64 but but the uninstaller is only 32bit so won't run. There's an article here: https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/1...dobe_catalina/ which has some more details. apparently even the creative cloud versions aren't immune to this problem.

This is similar in a way to the problems with Mojave where some software stopped working because vendors didn't bother to upgrade. In this case there's been on the order of three years notice of the change and vendors still haven't updated. Shame on them to be honest.
                    EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

New Wacom driver available now and new Spyder5 calibration driver due tomorrow. Stilll waiting for update for Canon Pixma Pro 100s driver though.

John

Comment

I don't seem to be able to download Catalina. Every time I try it comes up with "unable to find update". The requested Mac OS is not available.

Any thoughts?
                        Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                          I don't seem to be able to download Catalina. Every time I try it comes up with "unable to find update". The requested Mac OS is not available.

Any thoughts?
                          I went to system preferences, then software update and check for update. it then showed OS 10.15 was available and an update for Safari.
                          As there are still reported problems with Lightroom and Photoshop, I'm going to wait a while before installing it.

John

Comment

I have heard the same about PS and LR, so I will also give it a miss for a while.
                            Colin

Comment

Working...
                            X