Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yesterday at Birmingham International(BHX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday at Birmingham International(BHX)

I initially went to East Mids Airport to get a few shots with the 100-400 I've got on hire,got talking to a chap,and he very kindly offered to take me to Birmingham International for a couple of hours.

We were on the top deck of the disused carpark close to the Elmdon Terminal,which is now a Grade II listed building.
    IMG_0408 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr

Re: Yesterday at Birmingham International(BHX)

That’s a nicely composed shot with all of the plane against a dark background rather than the sky....always an impressive sight seeing the A380.
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Thanks Brian,myself and the chap who took me there waited for it to take off before we left.

It certainly is an impressive aircraft.

Comment

The exposure looks good, the plane is sharp and you have composed so the subject has space to move / fly into but for me at least, whatever the photography genre, subjects facing or moving away from you very rarely work
        Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
        flickr

Comment

Thanks Stan,where I was standing only gives you a few seconds to get the shot before it becomes impossible due to the angle of view.

Comment

A well caught shot, I know what Stan means, I do prefer the 3/4 view from the front if you can ever get it, as if you are looking at the leading edge root of the wing

Paul

Comment

Thanks Paul,apparently it's one of the best vantage points for photography there,being high up and no fence in the way.

I followed the aircraft from pushback to the point of take off,so was able to anticipate the shot.The chap I was with had already pointed out the spot on the runway where the take off would be,which was very helpful.

All in all,a great couple of hours there,with the sun behind me too.

Comment

I'd usually agree that the front 3/4 is generally the best viewpoint I think that works rather well. Well done!
                Chris
                80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Thanks Chris,much appreciated.

Comment

I'm glad I caught this one,Primera are ceasing trading as of midnight tonight!
                    IMG_0262 by Roy Widdowson, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                    X