Steps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steps

Steps to the Chapter House at Wells Cathedral.

Wells 11 by Stackman1, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Chris

Re: Steps

Seems like lots of folks have looked but not commented on this which is a shame.

It’s a very interesting POV and your mono treatment works well -viewed on Flickr

Those converging verticals are almost inevitable from down below, however, which when there are so many is just a bit distracting.

But it’s still a good shot, something different and I wonder how many feet have shuffled up there to wear away the stones!
    Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Agree with bo's assessment.

Tom

Comment

I must be weird, by and large converging verticals simply don't seem to bother me like they do others. If I'm looking up at a tall structure I expect convergence - that's how perspective works. What does bug me on the other hand are verticals corrected so that the top of the building appears to be falling outwards and is weirdly distorted...

Nice shot Chris...
        Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I tend to agree with Nigel on the verticals. Saw the same photo taken using a shift lens. It seemed to me as it was falling out of the image, but I would like a wider angle lens.

Chris

Comment

That’s a nice photo Chris, I like the composition as it is. I don’t think that the use of a wider angle lense would have improved it.

Ian
            Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

Working...
            X