Coal Barn, Thornham Old Harbour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coal Barn, Thornham Old Harbour

Having a boat outside made me think that the building was a boathouse but I Googled it and it appears that it is an old coal barn. It has outline planning to convert it into an artists' studio and was up for sale a few years back for £189,000. I don't know whether it ever sold - nothing much seems to have happened in the intervening six years.

I processed this in Affinity with the HDR Efex plugin. Comments welcomed.

The Coal Barn, Thornham Old Harbour by Chris Trollen, on Flickr
    Chris
    80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Re: Coal Barn, Thornham Old Harbour

Whatever it is, you've created a beautiful image, Chris.
    Canon EOS 7D
    EF-S 10-22mm 1:3.5-4.5 USM, EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM, EF 50mm 1:1.8, EF 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 IS USM
    Luminar 4, Aurora HDR Pro, Silver Efex
    flickr: http://flic.kr/ps/LXWuy

Comment

Apart from the sky looking a bit too blue in places, the processing has done a great job on the boat & building - I like it Chris.....
      Regards
      Lez

5Ds // 5D Mark III //
      7D Mark II // 16-35 f4L // 24-70 f2.8L II //
      24-105 f4L II // 70-200 f4 L // 70-200 f2.8 Lis II // 50 f1.2L // 85 f1.8 //100 f2.8Lis // 200 f2.8L // 300 f4Lis // 1.4ex // .......... and a longer wish list

Comment

Lovely image Chris.

Bill.
        7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, chaps. I did wonder whether it was a bit "over blue" but decided I liked it that way, so left it
          Chris
          80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR! View Post
            Whatever it is, you've created a beautiful image, Chris.
            Agree

Tom

Comment

nice composition but perhaps the sky is a bit over the top

stan
              Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
              flickr

Comment

Like that Chris, but agree with Stan perhaps tad tone down on the shy, but nevertheless a great shot
                Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

I'm a sucker for old wooden boats and it's only my wife that prevents me from jumping in my truck to head off and rescue them (I've done that twice now and neither time was Mrs. John amused ).

Anyway, an image with a lovely old boat and wooden barn was always going to catch my attention and this has the benefit of great composition and lovely crisp detail. I do agree the sky is a bit much but wind that back a tad and it really will be a winner. It may also work well in mono.

Cheers,
                  John

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input. I might just revisit this for a mono version.
                    Chris

Comment

Sky's a bit overpowering but the barn and the boat are great...
                      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Thanks Nigel, seems like there's a general consensus that I overdid the sky

Which reminds me, I did a mono version that I've not posted...
                        Chris

Comment

Working...
                        X