EOS magazine advert MPB advertThe Photography Show
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: eosR pre orders

Default eosR pre orders

Has anyone else pre ordered the canon eosR. I ordered the camera plus 24-105. Mine is coming from WEX who canít give me any information as to when it will ship. Today is the 9th and supposed to be the release date

Anyone else tracking a shipment?

Default Re: eosR pre orders

Mine should be here between 14:00-18:00 hours today

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tesarver View Post
    Mine should be here between 14:00-18:00 hours today

Tom
    Whoís your supplier?

Quote Originally Posted by teslar View Post
    Who’s your supplier?
    Amazon

Amazon
    Thanks Iíll take a look

It arrived at 15:30 today, just finished setting it up and downloading Canonís processing software so I can read the raw files.

It arrived at 15:30 today, just finished setting it up and downloading Canon’s processing software so I can read the raw files.
    We wait with bated breath for your comprehensive in-depth report!
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

It arrived at 15:30 today, just finished setting it up and downloading Canonís processing software so I can read the raw files.
    Mine is due within the hour but Iíll not be home till 10pm tonight. Might be a late night for me

Quote Originally Posted by John Liddle View Post
    We wait with bated breath for your comprehensive in-depth report!
    Initial Thoughts:

Ergonomically the fell for the camera is more like holding the 6DMK2 with a few less buttons or dials. What I miss is the Dial for the mode and the easy on/off switch. It was replaced with a LCD Panel that you can select a mode, however C1 to C3 are not selectable, but that maybe because I have not yet programed them. I'm assuming that once programed they will appear in the LCD. I like the selectable ring on the 24-105 lens and currently have that programed to quickly change exposure compensation.

Next, Since I have Tamron Lens, I used the new adapter to to see if they work with the EOS R:

Full Frame Lens:
    Tamron 24-70 works fine.
    Tamron 150-600 works fine.

APS-C Lens: Note that the camera is suppose to recognize when you place a APS-C lens on the mount it then is suppose to automatically change the crop to 1.6 from full frame. With the Following Lenses from Tamron the Camera stays on Full Frame:

Tamron 18-400 seems to work
    Tamron 10-18 also seems to work

However with both you will have to crop the image in Post Processing, however you can manually set the camera to a 1.6 crop and these lenses seem to work fine. What I'm reading with ALL APS-C Lenses the 1.6 crop means that you now have a 11 mega pixel Sensor instead of the full 30 mega pixel on full frame.

I have not tested the new Tamron 70-210 on the R because I just sent that back to Tamron to have the Firmware updated. No I did not buy a dock for it because it is still free to send it to Tamron, I'll just be without the lens for a few days.

Have not taken the camera out into the world yet due to work and the rain we have been having. Will be taking it out today to practice using it as I plan on taking it with me on holiday next week.

If you have any questions about the Camera just ask and I'll try and give you an answer.

Lastly, you need to use DPP to process the RAW files as no one has drivers for the .CR3 yet.

Tom

Thanks for taking the time to give your initial views Tom - much appreciated
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast