Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: eosR pre orders

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
    Doubt that it's likely to be any worse than using a DSLR in live view mode; as long as you don't take several minutes to set up the shot and remember to turn the Long Exposure NR on i would expect similar performance. Granted if you frame and focus using the SLR viewfinder there may be a slight advantage but as to whether that would be enough to make a real world difference I'm inclined to suspect not...
    I think the difference is that with a mirrorless camera the sensor is always on so say you were out shooting for a day it could be 'on' for several hours?? I'll be interested to see more real world reviews now they're being shipped before i make my mind up & take the plunge!
    Les

Les Cornwell Photography

EOS R, EOS 6D MKII, EOS 100D, EOS50e, RF24-104 F4L, EF17-40 F4L, EF24-70 F2.8L II, EF70-200 F4L IS, EF100-400 F5.6L MKII, EF100 F2.8L IS, EF-S 18-135 STM, EF-S 18-55, GP-E2, 270EX, 430EX II, Kase & Lee filters.

Comment

Here is an instant article on low light and the EOS-R...
      Canon Ambassador Daniel Etter tests the Canon full-frame mirrorless EOS R system to its low-light limits in the depths of a Romanian coal mine.

It is by Canon so you could argue it is not impartial, but looks promising when considered with other data.
      Andy

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        Here is an instant article on low light and the EOS-R...
        Canon Ambassador Daniel Etter tests the Canon full-frame mirrorless EOS R system to its low-light limits in the depths of a Romanian coal mine.

It is by Canon so you could argue it is not impartial, but looks promising when considered with other data.
        Thanks for that - looks very promising ...
        Les

Les Cornwell Photography

EOS R, EOS 6D MKII, EOS 100D, EOS50e, RF24-104 F4L, EF17-40 F4L, EF24-70 F2.8L II, EF70-200 F4L IS, EF100-400 F5.6L MKII, EF100 F2.8L IS, EF-S 18-135 STM, EF-S 18-55, GP-E2, 270EX, 430EX II, Kase & Lee filters.

Comment

New Adobe CC update includes support for EOS R CR3 files...
          Les

Les Cornwell Photography

Comment

Originally posted by LesC2009 View Post
            I think the difference is that with a mirrorless camera the sensor is always on so say you were out shooting for a day it could be 'on' for several hours?? I'll be interested to see more real world reviews now they're being shipped before i make my mind up & take the plunge!
            It doesn’t work that way. Battery life on a mirrorless camera is so poor, with the exception of the newer Sony kit, that people turn them off when not in use. Even my Fuji only does 250 or so shots to a battery so its tuned on, the shot taken, then turned off...
            EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMulhearn View Post
              It doesn’t work that way. Battery life on a mirrorless camera is so poor, with the exception of the newer Sony kit, that people turn them off when not in use. Even my Fuji only does 250 or so shots to a battery so its tuned on, the shot taken, then turned off...
              Ah, OK. Hadn't thought about that. I wonder if you can set it to go off after say a minute of non-use like with a dslr? Or would the sensor still be on...
              Les

Les Cornwell Photography

Comment

Ah, OK. Hadn't thought about that. I wonder if you can set it to go off after say a minute of non-use like with a dslr? Or would the sensor still be on...
                Sorry, should have said. Yes, like a DSLR they all have auto power off. Mine is set to two minutes...
                EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

one of my flickr contacts is posting some impressive studio shots with one and another one that does wildlife is testing his out , time will tell but it does look like theres going to be a awful lot of used gear on the market

Comment

I've heard from at least two people who've used the RF24-105 that said IQ is fantastic, one even said it was as good as if not better than the EF24-70 F2.8L MKII. All the images I've seen from it including yours Tom, seem to bear that out.

Something I've heard mention is noise with long exposures of several minutes as I understand mirrorless sensors are always on so prone to generating more heat so therefore noise?

Must admit i'm seriously considering getting an EOS R ;)
                    We are out on holiday and I took the EOS R with me with the Sigma 8mm Fish-eye and the EFR 24-105. My plan is to do some long exposure with the camera, however if it is like the M5, I'm not expecting noise, but will let you know.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMulhearn View Post
                      I’ve found the auto shut off seems to work really well and hardly affects battery life at least for the day I tried it

Comment

Sad to say I’m waiting for a replacement of my eosR. I took it into WEX Edinburgh because the MF Touch Bar wasn’t working. This was confirmed in store and they offered an exchange. However the first batch had sold out so I need to wait for the next delivery.
                        Anyone else had an issue with their camera ?

Comment

Working...
                        X