London Transport Museum - Photography project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London Transport Museum - Photography project

In recent years I have done a number of the Hidden London tours organised by the London Transport Museum, and after the visits I shared my images with the museum team who asked if they could keep my details on record.
    At that stage I didn't expect to hear anything else from them.

Then back in June the museum got in touch to ask if I would be interested in working on a project with them.
    They are writing a book to go alongside the tours and an exhibition and wondered if I would be interested in helping with the photography.
    After a meeting with them and discussing the practical arrangements I happily agreed to work on the project.

This has meant me visiting 34 sites so far, some of which are totally abandoned tube stations, others are disused parts of current tube stations.
    It is a great project to be involved, and having access to these locations has been a dream come true for me.
    All the work has been on my days off as photography is not unfortunately my day job.

I have a few more sites to visit in November and then it will be editing the images selected for the book and the exhibition.
    I consider myself extremely fortunate to have had this opportunity as an amateur, although I guess this now makes me a freelance photographer!

I cannot share any images at the moment until the book selection has been made, and I get agreement from the museum as they own the copyright to the images.
    But when I can I'll happily share.

For an example of one of the locations (albeit far cleaner than most!) see my recent post on Aldwych station...

Although that was from a public tour I did to images for portfolio and not the project, so it was tripod etc.
    Andy

Re: London Transport Museum - Photography project

Visiting abandoned stations with official sanction is about as good as it gets. Much envy but many congratulations on being recognised and selected for what sounds an excellent commission.

Cheers,
    John

Comment

Working...
    X