Remote shutter triggered by phone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote shutter triggered by phone?

Hi everyone. I have a Canon 80D and I have been using the wifi connect via nfc on my phone to do remote shooting. It's not the easiest and not the most reliable method. Sometimes it takes a few minutes to connect, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Like right now I just keep getting this

On the camera it says "connecting... please wait" . I've cycled through the power multiple times. Sometimes all I want to do is take a quick shot having set up all the settings already in camera.

Is there any small Bluetooth device that I can connect to the camera and sync with my phone as a camera trigger? This wifi setup is not reliable in the slightest. Shame on Canon, seriously. I've even reset the settings on the camera in the wifi section.

Any ideas or suggestions for an accessory?

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Re: Remote shutter triggered by phone?

I've had no experience at all of using my phone to trigger my camera, but do use a JJC Wireless Remote with both my old 70D and 5D3 MK III.

It's an inexpensive solution to remote shuttering although a drawback is it uses the hot shoe on the camera ... therefore you cannot use when a speedlight is attached.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________
    Canon 5D Mk III, Canon 24-105 F4 L, Sigma 12-24 DG HSM, soon to have Canon 70-300 F4-5.6 L IS USM

Comment

Re: Remote shutter triggered by phone?

My phone (Samsung S7) works well as a remote shutter for the 80D but I think I'm using a different method. I use the 80D as the Wi-Fi host and then connect to that using the usual Wi-Fi connections on my phone. It's not something I do often but it always works pretty well when I do use it.
      Chris
      80D - 10-18 IS STM - 15-85 IS USM - 55-250 IS STM - 50 f/1.8 STM - 100-400L IS II USM - 100 f/2.8L Macro - 1.4x III

Comment

Working...
      X