Cars From Cuba

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cars From Cuba

SWMBO and I went on our annual cruise vacation. One of the stops on this years cruise was Havana, Cuba. An amazing old city with an amazing amount of old American Cars from the 50's still running the streets. Here are a few I took while there:

369a0258 by tesarver, on Flickr

369a0259 by tesarver, on Flickr

369a0260 by tesarver, on Flickr

369a0261 by tesarver, on Flickr

369a0321 by tesarver, on Flickr

369a0320 by tesarver, on Flickr

369a0322 by tesarver, on Flickr

Camera EOS R w/EF R 24-105

Comments Welcomed

Tom

Re: Cars From Cuba

Nice set Tom, some lovely cars there.

Bill.
    7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

cool cars Tom

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

Lovely set Tom - I would love one of those, get back to my youth!!!!
        Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Nice set, the 5th and 6th stand out to me.
          Andy

Comment

They may have been incredible gas-guzzlers but boy - did they have style...

Cracking set.
            Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Great set Tom. I saw these on Insta, and that is what prompted me to call in here for a visit!

How are you liking the R? I had a play with one at the weekend, and was sold instantly!!

Cheers,
              Garry
              Garry Macdonald on Flickr
              Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

Thanks Bill, Stan, Trev, Andy, Nigel & Garry for stopping by. My thoughts on the EOS R. Over all I'm loving the Camera. The Color and the vibrance of the images are so good that it requires little to no post-processing for most images. There seems to be an up-roar over not having a joy stick to move focus points, however since I've been using the M5, moving the focus point using the touch screen works well for me. So compared to the 6DMKII, where all the focus points are in the center part of the frame, this camera has that edge to edge ability to focus. I have not really used the camera yet with the Tamron 150-600, but I did listen to a Canadian Nature Photographer who bought this camera and is using his sigma 150-600 and finds he is not having any issues with the camera. He even feels that that the images are sharper. Now he is an old film guy and was doing nature photography using Canon's F-Mounted Lens, so for him FPS was not the issue. So Overall, for the type of photography I do, I'm thinking of now selling the 6DMKII.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
                  Thanks Bill, Stan, Trev, Andy, Nigel & Garry for stopping by. My thoughts on the EOS R. Over all I'm loving the Camera. The Color and the vibrance of the images are so good that it requires little to no post-processing for most images. There seems to be an up-roar over not having a joy stick to move focus points, however since I've been using the M5, moving the focus point using the touch screen works well for me. So compared to the 6DMKII, where all the focus points are in the center part of the frame, this camera has that edge to edge ability to focus. I have not really used the camera yet with the Tamron 150-600, but I did listen to a Canadian Nature Photographer who bought this camera and is using his sigma 150-600 and finds he is not having any issues with the camera. He even feels that that the images are sharper. Now he is an old film guy and was doing nature photography using Canon's F-Mounted Lens, so for him FPS was not the issue. So Overall, for the type of photography I do, I'm thinking of now selling the 6DMKII.

Tom
                  INTERESTING!
                  Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

It is a very impressive camera, and so light, even with a 24-105 on it. I did think it a bit plasticy though, mind you, I was compairing it to my 1ds at the time, which is built like a tank!
                    Garry Macdonald on Flickr
                    Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Comment

I had a brief fiddle with one in my local LCE on Saturday. Body seems a little smaller than the old D30 I had with me though I'm not sure it felt quite as good in the hand. 24-105 lens seemed a bit of a monster and didn't feel that well balanced on the body but that may be down to my having spent a couple of hours shooting with small prime lenses on the D30...

Did I feel like spending £2k+ on it? No, not really...
                      Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
                      X