DPP 4.8.30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPP 4.8.30

I bought a used EOS 5D MK IV and the bundled DPP software was created back in 2016 (Solution Disc Version 31.4) . If I wish to have the new DPP 4.8.30, what would be best practice, to load the software on the disc and then update from a Canon web site or just download the entire new DPP version from the Canon website?

Vasilis

Thanks for you help.
    EOS 5D MK IV, EF 50/f1.4, EF 100/f2.8 Macro, EF20/f2.8, EF24-105/f4L IS, EF 100-400/f4.5-5.6 L IS, TS-E24/f3.5L, EF 75-300/f4-5.6, Canon Extender EF 2X II, Sigma 12-24mm/f4.4-5.6.

Re: DPP 4.8.30

When I finally got round to replacing my old XP-based PC this time last year I also was finally able to upgrade to DPP4. As I have no solutions disc with DPP4 on it I simply downloaded the full program from the Canon Europe website and loaded that - it works fine. That said the download only contained DPP4, if you want the other programs on the solutions disk as it's probably easier to load the from the disk and then upgrade the DPP version by download.

Presumably the other programs on the solutions disk are available as downloads but I reckon life is to short to download each one separately if you have a disk with all of them on - particularly as I suspect the other programs are updated far less often.

Incidentally the latest version is now 4.9.20...
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

I found in the past that I had to enter the model and serial number of the camera, if I recall correctly, but then it was just a download and install. Like you, I'd lost my discs...
      EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMulhearn View Post
        .......Like you, I'd lost my discs...
        I suppose you would call them slipped (away) discs.
        John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Originally posted by AndyMulhearn View Post
          I found in the past that I had to enter the model and serial number of the camera, if I recall correctly, but then it was just a download and install. Like you, I'd lost my discs...
          IIRC that's still the case.
          Nigel

Comment

Originally posted by John Liddle View Post
            I suppose you would call them slipped (away) discs.
            Groan!!!
            EOS 7D mk II, Sigma 150-660C, Canon 17-85 EF-S, Tamron 10-24 and a wife who shares my obsession.

Comment

Thank you Andy, John and Nigel. I haven't lost the bundled disc; I just want to have the latest version of DPP and the disc does not contain it. I am not interested in the other stuff the disc has, but as I have a very slow connection I was wondering whether updating from an old version would mean a smaller data volume to download...
              EOS 5D MK IV, EF 50/f1.4, EF 100/f2.8 Macro, EF20/f2.8, EF24-105/f4L IS, EF 100-400/f4.5-5.6 L IS, TS-E24/f3.5L, EF 75-300/f4-5.6, Canon Extender EF 2X II, Sigma 12-24mm/f4.4-5.6.

Comment

I have the feeling that the download is a complete copy
                John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Yup, don't think it makes any difference either way.
                  Please don't ask about my kit, it's embarrassing!

Comment

When I downloaded DPP4 I got a full copy. I think the updater option went out with DPP3.
                    Nigel

Comment

Finally, I did download it (version 4.9.20.0) from a Canon web site with a very recent (and faster) Internet connection. I was baffled by the tremendous differences from my old 5D MK II bundled DPP. I also assessed that it is ever so slow... If I were professional and had to process hundreds of photos I would have a problem...
                      Thank you all for your help.
                      Vasilis

Comment

Must say I haven't noticed any obvious slowness in DPP4 but then I'm more used to DPP3. Some things are arranged differently which takes getting used to but otherwise it seems OK to me.
                        Nigel

Comment

Working...
                        X