Kseniya in Autumn Colours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kseniya in Autumn Colours

Hi all, I've not posted much recently, for various reasons, one of which I bought a Sony and have been using it quite a bit. But, I dusted off the 1ds ii on Sunday and went out with it to Kelvingrove Park in Glasgow for an Autumn model shoot. I also had a loan of a new EOS R with a RF 24-105mm f/4 L attached. Lighting was with an Einstein E640 and 16" beauty dish. Here are a few of my results,

with Kseniya Wyllie

Kseniya Wyllie (19 of 25) by Garry Macdonald, on Flickr
    Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II
    85.0 mm
    ƒ/4.0 85.0 mm 1/60 iso100

Kseniya Wyllie (15 of 25) by Garry Macdonald, on Flickr
    Canon EOS R
    RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
    ƒ/4.0 80.0 mm 1/30 iso1600

Kseniya Wyllie (3 of 25) by Garry Macdonald, on Flickr
    Canon EOS R
    RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
    ƒ/4.0 70.0 mm 1/60 iso200

Kseniya Wyllie (11 of 25) by Garry Macdonald, on Flickr
    Canon EOS R
    RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
    ƒ/4.0 70.0 mm 1/60 200

Comments always welcome,

Thanks
    Garry
    Last edited by digiman; 24-10-2018, 10:14.
    Garry Macdonald on Flickr
    Garry Macdonald on Facebook

Re: Kseniya in Autumn Colours

A nice set Garry - the results from the EOS R look good - what are your impressions of the camera?
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Hi John, thanks for commenting.

Regarding the R, you know what it's like when you've got a new toy to play with! Seems like nothing else will ever be good enough!

It's no doubt a great camera. I didn't get a chance to push it, or to go through many of the settings, but I did really like it. It is so light, and fast. The colour rendition is superb. In these shots I pushed the white balance a little and that was it. You can clearly see the advancement in tech between it and the 1d, but then, I'd hope so after 15years! It did feel a bit plasticy, and quite small in the hand. Ergonomically I reckon it could do with a grip added, but again, I am comparing it to a camera that is built like a tank. I can't really give a very accurate view, I only had it in my hands for a total of about 40mins. But, I'd say Canon are definitely on the way to a great line up of mirrorless full frame cameras. An interesting comment made by the guy who loaned it to me was that the EVF gave him a migraine. He is a professional tog who had the camera on loan from Canon. He tried replacing his everyday camera, a 5div I think, with the R, but said that it consistently gave him headaches. He also said that he has tried other EVF cameras, and the same thing happened. I don't know if it's the refresh flicker or what, but that's what he said.

Comment

Yes, nice set Garry - with the second being the pick for me........
        Regards
        Lez

5Ds // 5D Mark III //
        7D Mark II // 16-35 f4L // 24-70 f2.8L II //
        24-105 f4L II // 70-200 f4 L // 70-200 f2.8 Lis II // 50 f1.2L // 85 f1.8 //100 f2.8Lis // 200 f2.8L // 300 f4Lis // 1.4ex // .......... and a longer wish list

Comment

Lovely set Garry. I’m loving the R. And with the auto down load option using the Canon connect, there should be no fear with having only one card slot if you need a backup copy

Tom

Comment

Thanks guys for the comments

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
            Lovely set Garry. I’m loving the R. And with the auto down load option using the Canon connect, there should be no fear with having only one card slot if you need a backup copy

Tom
            I never got a chance to examine the inner workings, but I was very impressed. The lack of a dual card slots never occured to me as an issue, but I see online that people are not happy about that.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the EOS R Garry - much appreciated
              John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Nice series Garry the colours seem good if you’ve only adjusted the white balance. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the EOS-R

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk
                Peter

Feel free to browse my
                Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thanks Guys

Comment

Working...
                  X